VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by coondog1234 View Post
    Hi I'm a newbie to AVIDemux and I'm having trouble saving a file from it. I have a video that I downloaded and it came in 2 parts. the videos are in Divx .AVI format and I would like to join them both into 1 AVI file w/o re encoding it. is this possible with this program? I've loaded both files and I have it the way I want it but how do I save this file to my PC? when I try to save it, it just spits out a 9KB .avi file which is useless. I'm using the windows version 2.5.2 I think Please Help. Thank you.

coondog1234, you should be able to join two part together by opening the first part then using File > Append... , then you should be able to copy both video and audio to a preferred container eg AVI or one that is suitable.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    having trouble with the audio, can anyone help?
    The files are mpeg-4 saved as avi but the sound comes in tiny bursts of essentially static.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Started video editing last weekend, and gave up on MS Movie Maker after it froze up 4 times in a row. Came across Avidemux 2.5, and began to thrash around with it with no instructions. After a couple of hours I had 5 .mpg dvds loaded, appended, edited, saved correctly with video and sound. Then I found this thread and make sense of many of the things I was doing. There are still some controls and functions that don't make sense to me, and I hope some one can straighten me out.

I am not getting any sound with the video when I run a file I am editing in Avidemux. The latest version is different from the instructions given earlier in this thread to turn on the sound, although I found the audio properties window. I have audio in my saved files just don't hear it while I am editing.

Once activated, I can't seem to turn off the "search for black" functions next to the A B set buttons below the video window. They just keep searching and searching. I finally had to terminate the program and loose all my work.

In the lower right corner there is a slider, a button, and a wheel, what do they do?

What is the shift function with ms box on the left? For aligning the sound and video?

What are the side, top, and separate buttons at the top center tool bar?

Is there a web site that has a good explanation of the various video file formats and when they are used.

Getting these things straightened out would help a lot in using this program. And it doesn't freeze all the time.

Thanks
    Last edited by AFC; 16th Mar 2010 at 12:15.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @AFC
    I also had the sound issue

There are 3 export formats for MPEG I thought, try MPEG TS A+V instead of MPEG video.
    Maybe this will help. I cant really say much about Avidemux since I dont use it much.

That ms box is for delaying/shift the audio (only audio)
    The flag once raised will never fall!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would like to know how to go about cutting multiple parts from a video. I have the exact frame numbers that I want to keep but when I cut the first set of frames from my video, the frame counts are reduced by the number of frames that I cut. Is there a way to retain the original frame counts until I have done all my cutting? Is there a way to specify multiple cuts at once? It is rather cumbersome having to re-calculate the correct frames after each cut is made.

Thanks,
    Joyce
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried cutting the intro to this movie (avi file) and I'm getting this strange green stuff that lasts for about 5 seconds or so and goes back to normal. Does anyone know how I can avoid this? The only thing I did was follow the instructions to cut (marking the A & B areas, cutting, then saving) so I'm not sure why this is happening. Please help?!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-04-02 at 1.47.22 PM.png
Views:	21219
Size:	403.8 KB
ID:	1152
    Quote Quote  
  7. is this freeware the same file?
    i cant find the link
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just follow one of the links on the name "AviDemux" on this page (VideoHelp automatically links the name to its Tools page for that software), or go to the Tools section on the left and look for AviDemux. The homepage(s) should be listed there, too; I'd much rather download it from there or VideoHelp's mirror than a random page.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a video of my sisters wedding in the park. Some guy rode by and I picked up his 'not so nice' conversation. Can I use this program to blank a piece of the audio out?
    Quote Quote  
  10. @ Baldrick

Thanks for posting nice guide for using avidemux - a very good free converter and basic editor(cut, join, filters).

I've just started using AVIDemux as a AVI cutting tool, but, getting more n more.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Just a quick Q

What is SVN Builds?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Does AviDemux also reverses the audio in videos I cannot seem to get it done, the video is all backwards but the audio is not.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Hello everybody,
    I have some videos that I made with my cell phone. The videos are in .mp4 format, and I tried to rotate the image, because some of them where shot holding the phone on the sideways. I did this using avidemux. Everything went ok, but when I tried to view them, they were playing too fast, both video and sound. Does anyone know what should I do, so that the speed remains the same?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hi! Admittedly a noob to video editing.

I have been using Avidemux to try to edit my x264 .ts files, and meeting with little success.

Ultimately, I want an edited HD .mkv with the 5.1 channel audio from the original .ts.

Will it be better to edit the .ts or the .mkv? In order to use Avidemux to edit the .ts, of course, I can't save it as a .ts.

I have had success using HDConvertToX to make .mkvs from the original .ts, but I can't seem to get Avidemux to edit the resulting mkv (can't find a keyframe).

Should I be choosing the "safe" mode that messes up the frame accuracy? Neither way seems to give me a good result.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Whoops -- wrong window -- sorry!
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  16. Help Please :-

I cant seem to be able to make a custom sized video.....my situation :-

I open a 700meg MPG file into :- Avidemux 2.5 (latest version)
    I click on the calculator , i set it to custom and i choose 500meg (ive tried the setting in custom to AVI and MPG)
    I then click okay.
    I got Save , choose a name and it processes the file .........But its always a similar size to the original around 700 megs.....

Please what am i doing wrong ? am i missing out a important step before i save the file ?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Ahhhhh , okay i think i'm a little bit furthur foreward , i save it as a project , then i could configure Video and Audio Settings.

what would the best settings be for a 700meg.MPG to be converted to a 500meg.MPG

i've set the video to :- MPEG-2(Avcodec)
    Audio to:- AC3(Aften)

i need this to be playable on a DVD player at the end of the process (i know i would need to convert to a dvd for full compatability)

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I Just did my first conversion.....but there was no sound

help please.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Just installed it using it to take photos (stills) from movies, I use AVIDEMUX to take snap shots of movies scenes, what I would like to know is how to use it just to capture the audio track or tracks in a movie or video (MPEG MPEG4, WMA, Quicktime ISO Image VOB files etc) And will it let me copy/cut out a part of a movie ? For example the movie hunt for red October I want to copy record a the part of the movie where the Russian Captain gets his orders to go hunt down red October. This is my first post if there is some info posted here please let me know.

Thanks
    James M. Horak
    P.O. Box 2167
    Belton Texas
    AT&T Wireless 254-541-1033
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded the 2.4 version and 2.5. Neither one can I export a valid file. It only gives me the option to save as "all files" and i get an unrecognizable file exported. Please help
    Quote Quote  
  21. I added a still image in the front of a .avi clip and was able to output it to .avi file. But the resulting video has no sound at all. Can anybody throw light on what went wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  22. How do I convert my mpg video (on my HDD) to a audio and video TS folder?
    Quote Quote  
  23. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ramosis View Post
    How do I convert my mpg video (on my HDD) to a audio and video TS folder?
    AVidemux is not a dvd video authoring tool.

Try instead avstodvd or if the mpg is dvd compliant(see www.videohelp.com/dvd#tech ) use for example simple dvd creator, dvdstyler, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    Quote Quote  
  25. OK so if I just want to edit my HDD mpg movies; what do I set the container to? MPEG PS(A+V) or MPEG TS(A+V)
    Quote Quote  
  26. Folks,

First post. Thanks in advance for your help and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

I'm simply looking to quickly cut the beginnings and/or ends of several .mp4s. Even better would be to output the files without audio to make the file sizes even smaller. I don't really care if it stays in .mp4 format, but have no real reason to change and wouldn't know what to convert them to.

I configure the Avidemux GUI to COPY/COPY/Video only, cut the beginning few minutes, and hit Save in the File menu. I name the file and provide it an .mp4 extension. Avidemux does its thing, but the file cannot be opened, even with Avidemux. Avidemux gives a dialog box that says it "Cannot find a demuxer" for the file. I'm sure I'm doing something simple wrong, probably in setup, but can't figure it out.

I'm a noob, just looking to do some simple trimming. If there's a different program I should try, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

poormxdad
    Quote Quote  
  27. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poormxdad View Post
    Folks,

I'm simply looking to quickly cut the beginnings and/or ends of several .mp4s. Even better would be to output the files without audio to make the file sizes even smaller. I don't really care if it stays in .mp4 format, but have no real reason to change and wouldn't know what to convert them to.

I configure the Avidemux GUI to COPY/COPY/Video only, cut the beginning few minutes, and hit Save in the File menu. I name the file and provide it an .mp4 extension. Avidemux does its thing, but the file cannot be opened, even with Avidemux. Avidemux gives a dialog box that says it "Cannot find a demuxer" for the file. I'm sure I'm doing something simple wrong, probably in setup, but can't figure it out.

I'm a noob, just looking to do some simple trimming. If there's a different program I should try, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

poormxdad
    And you are choosing mp4 muxer under the output format also?

You could also try avidemux 2.5 and see if it works better.
    Quote Quote  
  28. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ramosis View Post
    OK so if I just want to edit my HDD mpg movies; what do I set the container to? MPEG PS(A+V) or MPEG TS(A+V)
    I think you should use mpeg ps for mpg files.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Originally Posted by poormxdad View Post
    Folks,

Thanks,

poormxdad
    And you are choosing mp4 muxer under the output format also?

You could also try avidemux 2.5 and see if it works better.
    I had not been choosing a muxer. I chose mp4 muxer, did a little trmming, and now I get a dialog box that says the file seems too short. I get about 1 second of video. I trimmed about 6 minutes off an 18 minute video, but the file size is only about 500k. I'm sure it's my fault.

I'm using version 2.6.0. What would 2.5 do for me?

Thanks.
    Last edited by poormxdad; 22nd Nov 2012 at 09:45.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Alrighty then... I loaded up 2.5.6 and everything seemed to work fine. I got a file that looked like it had the beginnings and ends trimmed just like I wanted. The file size was consistent with the amount of time I cut. Unfortunately, that file, an .mp4 extension, will not play using Media Player or Quicktime or MS Movie Maker or even Avidemux.

I'm completely stumped.

poormxdad
    Last edited by poormxdad; 22nd Nov 2012 at 11:35.
    Quote Quote