I've been trying to add subtitle to an existing DVD and the first step is to convert srt to .sup.
Both SubtitleCreator and Txt2sup said they finished the job well. But when I open the generated .sup by DVDsubEdit, i see that the timing of the two generated sub files are the same but different from the original srt. The worst thing is the delay in .sup is not constant. (both were created in NTSC mode of the two programs as the movie is NTSC). The timing seems faster and faster.
Do you think this is normal?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
The timing seems faster and faster.
Or do you mean something else?
I use txt2sup to do this.
In PAL mode, it's ok, timing is right. But the sub is out of movie frame, since it is NTSC (720 x 480).
I try to move the sub higher in PAL mode, say plus 96px, but the problem appears again. the first line is about 1 second faster but the last sub line is more than 3 secs faster.
Can DVDSubEdit move ALL the subs up at once?
Originally Posted by qknet
Edit/Apply last modification to all.
Thank you all for the responses.
Yes, DVDSubEdit says it moved up all the subs lines by 96px and I saved it, checked the timing ==> OK ==> Quit DVDSubEdit, Open it again, load that sup again and the timing is WRONG.
Just when I gave up, I remember manono said something about 30fps .vs 29.97fps. I opened Subtitle Workshop, loaded the file, set the input FPS as 29.27 and the output as 30, and there the "wrong" timing was seen.
I then put it the other way round, input as 30 and output as 29.97, saved the file. and made .sup again in NTSC mode. This time txt2sup converted it back to the RIGHT timing. .
I finally could burn the disk.
Thank you again.