VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I tried re-encoding Bicentennial Man to XviD with AutoGK. The files have been copied off the DVD with DVD Decrypter. I can open the VOBs just fine with VLC and the movie plays without a problem but I ran into a rather odd issue.

When I pointed AutoGK at the IFO for the right PGC, I was told that there are multiple angles on this DVD. There were 2. I chose the first one, chose a target quality of 65%, and ripped to AVI leaving the settings on automatic. I was presented with an error saying "A field order transition was detected. You may need to use the Fix D2V tool to repair this stream. Refer to the DGIndex Users Manual for details."

I continued, letting it encode, and the resulting file has about 2 seconds of English, then that same 2 seconds in Spanish, then the next 2 seconds of the video in English, then that 2-second segment in Spanish...etc. I am wondering what caused this and how to fix it.

Thanks for helping out a AutoGK n00b.

JBot
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try pgc.NET ---> http://www.clonead.co.uk/

Here is what they say about pgc.NET:

"What is the importance of pgc.NET and PGC ripping? Why not just use the ripped vob files unprocessed for conversion? Well, an unprocessed vob file can contain more than you think, it may infact contain the same movie twice, different versions of it, a directors cut and a theatrical version, all in the same vob set, converting this would give unexpected results, while some movies may play fine, others will not. pgc.NET will extract the correct program chain giving a perfect source file for later AVI conversion."

I've used pgc.NET before and I think it is a good idea. You can then use any program like autoGK or avi.NET or XVID4PSP etc. to then convert to the XviD AVI format.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by JBotAlan
    When I pointed AutoGK at the IFO for the right PGC, I was told that there are multiple angles on this DVD.
    Decrypt using DVD Decrypter set for IFO Mode (up at the top, Mode->IFO), and choose the angle you want.
    Originally Posted by JBotAlan
    I was presented with an error saying "A field order transition was detected. You may need to use the Fix D2V tool to repair this stream.
    Upgrade your AutoGK to the latest ver.2.48.
    Quote Quote