VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Deluge
    Is there a way to delete my account? If so how? or do I just leave it and never come back?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    After 4 posts ? Just because you didn't get the answer you hoped for ?

Don't take it so personally. There is a lot of knowledge here, and no better place for beginners through to experts to learn something new.

Still, if you really want to walk away, click on the little Report This Post link in your post and ask a Mod to get rid of you.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Deluge
    or do I just leave it and never come back?
    Yeah... that's the ticket!!!!!!!!

Seriously.... What guns1inger said....
    If it was that detrimental to you.... you would not even have asked and would just have never come back let alone ask that question
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Deleted as requested.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Who started this topic anyway???? 8)

Didn't even stick around long enough to get razzed......

makntraks
    In the theater of the mind...
    It's always good to know where the exits are...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Which one of you guys said Baldrick didn't have a sense of humour? The guy wanted to be "Deleted" and now he is.

hhhmmmm First non mod to guess the password to that account gets to be Deleted too?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just in case Deluge (aka Deleted) comes back (I guess that's the only way he'll be able to see it), or if anyone else decides that they want to leave:

Based on the thread which (supposedly) caused Deluge to want to leave, I can't, for the life of me, figure it out. There were no insults nor venom in the replies, so I don't understand from where this agst comes. I would say to grow a thicker skin, but this borders on having no skin at all.

There are plenty of examples of more abusive threads/posts, and most of the people still stuck around. Hell, I've been bitched at more than my fair share here (seriously!). Maybe it's because I've been called an a-hole before, and have actually answered "You know what? You're probably right."

For the most part, If you have these feelings of "I DON'T WANNA BE HERE ANY MORE!!!", simply stop coming. More than likely, you'll get over it and come back for the wealth of information available (and amply given in gunslinger's link). If you don't come back, no harm - no foul. Asking to be "deleted" just makes you look like a big baby, especially with the example given (sorry. I'm sure that won't convince you to come back. Oops.)

Basically, that's how message boards work. If the "bad" replies you get are like the ones in the above link, consider yourself lucky. Real crap posts and those are like the difference between a Howitzer and a water pistol. And even the Howitzer-like ones are still only anonymous ramblings on a message board, at the end of the day.
    Quote Quote