VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    my computer needs some drivers updated. how can i figure out witch one are in need to be updated and how do i update them? i tried once but did not work
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Windows Update is a common way. It will give Microsoft the task of telling you if new drivers are available for the stuff that's on your computer. Otherwise, look at whatever hardware and software you have (brand names, model numbers, etc.) and go to each manufacturer's website for driver updates that you can download.
    Quote Quote  
  3. do we like any of the auto updating software?
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by romanstopme
    my computer needs some drivers updated. how can i figure out witch one are in need to be updated and how do i update them? i tried once but did not work
    How do you know this ?
    What makes you think you need to update the drivers ?
    Which drivers do you need to update ?

There is a simple rule that holds true most of the time - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. if you have a compelling reason then be more specific in your post about what and why. if you are just updating because you think you should, perhaps you shouldn't.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    well i downloaded the trial version of driver docter and it scanned my pc and told me what i need to update but when i click to update it tells me i have to buy the full version in order to update them. so i tried to go the manufactures web site but failed horibly. i cant exactly remember witch drivers it told me but some of the is for my printer other are for usb port and a couple others.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ditch the 'Driver Doctor' and any other related crap.... Pay for a free service?

Yah, what gunslinger said.
    Have a good one,

neomaine

NEW! VideoHelp.com F@H team 166011!
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=166011

Folding@Home FAQ and download: http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Quote Quote  
  7. I once got a virus from that softwares download.
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    BTW, when I mentioned Windows Update, I was not suggesting its Automatic Updates feature. I do it manually and rarely. But like Guns1inger says, you may not need any driver updates. Driver Doctor is a ripoff, money-making scheme. Every hardware and software manufacturer offers free driver updates on their websites. Don't get swindled.
    Quote Quote