VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello guys, newbie here. I don't know where to post this stuff but I need your help right now..

I just read a recent old thread that their is a way to fit a 1 movie (usually those movies that exceeds 100mins) in 1 Standard CD (650mb/700mb)..

I hope you guys can help me..

Same with DVDs
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    VCD has a capacity of approx 74 minutes per disc, a little longer if you use larger CDs. This is because VCD uses a constant bitrate of 1150 kbps. You can squeeze more on a disc by going out of spec - reducing the bitrate and therefore also reducing the already low quality. You gain nothing from this other than more blockiness.

DVDs have greater capacity, and so more flexibility. The same basic rules apply however - the more you put on a disc, the lower the quality and the greater the compromise you have to make.

Discs are now cheap enough that you should never have to compromise in the way you once did, and there is really little need for VCD quality unless you must fit 7 hours on a disc and don't care about the quality.

AlanHK would be the best person give you tips on squeezing more out of VCDs, as he still does it regularly. The last VCD I made was probably more than 5 years ago.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you are familiar with tmpgenc you could start read https://forum.videohelp.com/topic84759.html (skip the dvd ripping part)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank You Baldrick!
    Quote Quote