VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello

I'm having a problem ripping a DVD. It's from a 3-DVD set of math tutorials, four separate lectures per disc. I've been using DVD Decrypter to extract the lectures, in File mode, with file splitting set to "none". Everything works fine with the first two DVDs, but on the 3rd, three out of the four .vobs have no audio when played through VLC. The fourth .vob works fine. When played on a home DVD player, all the lectures have audio. Just wondering if there's something I could do to get the audio on those three rogue .vobs.

Thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. The root of all evil träskmannen's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    To put it simple: don't play the .VOBs. Start VLC and go to File - Open Directory (or CTRL + E if you prefer that) and open the directory containing the full DVD structure - IFO-files and .VOBs. You can also drag and drop this directory in VLC.

.VOBs are not meant to be played on their own.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My goal is to convert the .vobs to .avi. I guess I should've tried converting them before asking the question. I was worried that if there was no audio when the .vob was played, there'd be no audio in the .avi. Well, there was. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Quote Quote