VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First: yes, i used the search, but without any success

My problem is simple, i've got a few old VCDs and i want to convert them to DVDs.
    I tried it with ffmpegx but he shows a message "DVDNA_KEY" when i use the VCD as source, i searched for the message and read it won't work if i try to convert directly from a CD, i should use a VIdeo_TS folder instead, but there is no such folder (folders on the cd: CDI, EXT, MPEGAV, SEGMENT and VCD).
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moving you to our mac section.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    First you should see if your existing dvd authroing application accepts mpg vcd files. You can use a mac version of isobuster if available, to take the dat file from the mpegav directory and extract to a .mpg file.

From there the audio needs to be converted. VCD audio is 44.1khz whereas DVD audio needs to be 48khz. PC programs like goldwave and audacity can do this. I am not sure which mac equivalent programs can. However the point is any audio program that can convert the frequency is what you need to use. Then you can either remux (remix) the audio and video together before authoring or depending on your authoring app you may do it sepereatly.

You shouldn't need to reencode the video as its in the dvd spec. Just the audio. But as mentioned once you convert the .dat to .mpg some authoring apps natively import vcd for conversion. You might be able to get some that start with the .dat and do the rest internally....
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The program i used was able to change the khz, i found no isebuster (or a similar programm) formac, so i just used isobuster with parallels, thanks a lot!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Glad to help. If you have more questions feel free to ask. We'll try to help....
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote