+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
If ffmpegX keeps asking to install the binaries on each launch, then they weren't installed correctly.
- Are you logged in to an account with administrator privileges?
- Is ffmpegX in the /Applications folder on your boot volume? Avoid sub-folders with special characters.
- mencoder and mplayer are downloadable in a .zip file. Did you unzip the archive before using the Locate buttons to point the installer to the binaries?
- Are you using the correct binaries? Older or different binaries than from the suggested URL are detected as incorrect. One of the criteria is the file sizes: 16,655,780 bytes for mencoder and 15,869,784 bytes for mplayer.
- Do you get any installation errors or warnings?
You can leave the binaries on your desktop. The ffmpegX binaries installer will copy them to a special location on your system (/Library/Application Support/ffmpegX/). After a successful installation (re-launch to confirm) the files on your desktop can be deleted (or archived).
Your installation window should look something like this. Note how the download URL is replaced by the location of the local binaries after using the Locate buttons.
thanks for that detailed help. there is a big discrepancy between the sizes of the correct binaries and those that i have. i am downloading them from the link you provided and will try again. THANKS!!!
I have found the solution.....
Download the binaries zip, unzip them. In the installer dialog do NOT point to the ZIP (the installation process will run without errors, files will be copied to the Library, but it will not work). Point to the UNZIPPED files.....
breggol: thanks but the previous post nailed the problem and now it's working fine. thanks again...