VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, please, I need the code to change region 1 to region 4 or all. The hack posted in section hacks doesn't work.

Thank you for help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You are probably out of luck. I've never heard of any Sony BluRay player being able to change the region. The vast majority of BluRay players cannot be made DVD region free. I only heard of a few that could change their region and I think they were all Samsung models. I have also seen ads for BluRay players with expensive (adds $300 US to the cost) hardware modifications that enabled them to play region 1 and 2 DVDs and zone A and B BluRay discs, but nothing else.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is sufficient evidence in the AVForums in the UK that this hack DOES work, but only on European (region B/2) Sony BDP-S350 Blu-ray players. It is only a DVD region-free hack and not a Blu-ray region-free hack, but nonetheless, it is very useful.

I too have a region A/1 machine and would like to make it region-free for DVD, just like can be done with the region B/2 machines. I'd appreciate along with dreyko if anybody knows of this hack.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    To the best of my knowledge, none of the Region 1 players can be hacked. The exception being the 2nd generation Toshiba HD-DVD player.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What hack for an HD-DVD?
    Quote Quote