VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am new to all of this and am trying to soak all of this in. I have DVDs that I would like to make a copy of and save on my NAS device. I want to record the data to get the highest quality output so when I watch it, it looks as good as the DVD (if possible). I don't care about hard drive space since I have a NAS. I don't care how long it takes to rip the DVDs since I want to do this only once and have a high quality file that I can stream.

The plan is to take this file and stream it to my PS3 over ethernet. So, I have played with AnyDVD, DVDshrink, DVDFab, Handbrake, etc and I'm not sure what the best way to do this.

So, what sofware do I use and what format should I store it in to get the highest quality? It would be nice to remove the Copyright warnings/filler and also have the chapters stored.

I guess the other side thing is that I want to be able to copy the file to my iPhone to watch it on my phone. I understand that I will probably need to create a second file that is smaller for my iPhone.

Thanks in advance for the tips..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    XVID4PSP using the M2TS option.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well since you don't care about HDD space, then rip your DVDs with Shrink and save to one single VOB...
    Open Shrink>Load DVD or open folder>Edit>Preferences>Output files> uncheck "Split VOB files into 1GB size chunks" >OK and save to HDD
    Stream the one vob to the PS3...Hope it helps
    You can always use XviD4PSP for your other conversions..It works great!
    BTW..just to be clear,
    I don't have a NAS device ,but I do stream to the PS3 with TVersity....
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote