VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A friend with a DVD recorder has made me two DVD's and neither are recognised in my computer, Samsung or LG dvd players. They only spin the disk for some time before telling me that there is no disk inserted (on DVD players) or no files on the disks (on computer). I have tried changing the regions on both of my DVD players (as per instructions on this web site) and that has not worked.

One of the dvd's was a football game they recorded from the TV for me and the other was recorded from a video camera and then onto DVD. Both disks work fine on the original player they recorded them on. I would really love to be able to watch them. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If they both play fine in the recorder, but don't play in your players, it is most likely that he did not finalise the discs before he sent them to you. You need to send them back, get him to finalise them in his recorder, then send them back to you.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Apparently he has finalised them. Does anyone have any other ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would strongly suggest he hasn't. However if you want to take his word for it, your next option would be something like ISOBuster or ISOPuzzle to see if they can salvage anything. I would start with ISOBuster. ISOPuzzle is great for damaged discs, but for ones that you can't even see, ISOBuster might be the better choice.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote