VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good evening, excuse my English, I am French-speaking. I followed the excelent guide of MeGui and thank the author, DJrumpy ! The new version is a little different, but the great bases remain similar. My problem, I made much movies with Megui but the final results with a encoded mkv, to leave from a m2ts, always have "white flashes" lyke a "white lightning thunder" during all movie ! Among you there are some one which knows this problem and could help me to solve? Thank you very much. Another time, apologys for my english

PS I have Vista, Intel Quad + 4 Go RAM, 2 hd 1 To in raid.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Can you post a small sample ? I'm not sure what you mean by "white flashes"

Cut a portion exhibiting the flashes using mkvmergegui, and post to a free hosting site (e.g. mediafire, megaupload, sendspace...). I may ask you to cut a portion of the original source later, if we can't figure out your problem.

What are your source .m2ts characteristics (i.e. what codec?). Use mediainfo (view=>text) if you don't know

Did you decrypt the .m2ts with Anydvd beforehand?

What decoder are you using for the .m2ts? (e.g. if it's h264 video, are you using ffdshow to decode or another decoder like coreavc or cyberlink?) If you don't know, open your .m2ts in graph studio

What .avs script did you use?

What encoding settings/profile in MeGUI?

What are you using for playback (e.g. VLC, Mplayer, MPC)?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try to update the Haali Splitter to the latest version.

I had problems with some of the VC1 video streams of the m2ts file (white flashes or green frames) until i upgraded the haali splitter to the latest version.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Helloevery one ant thank you for your interest in my question . meanwhile I caught a Bagle virus, and my PC is a little in disorder I haven't any more the erroneous files. But it is necessary to imagine as if you saw a film on television and there was the storm. Do you see what i meen ?

I had already installed the last version (March 2008) I removed and i tested to install again "HaAli...". And now, at the time I try to install, I have messages like that : " Error opening file for writing… " In my opinion, with all handling which I have of making to kill the virus, my system must be a little put out of order! Thank you still for your assistance: -). I hope that you understand my english )
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by GeeForce11
    Try to update the Haali Splitter to the latest version.

I had problems with some of the VC1 video streams of the m2ts file (white flashes or green frames) until i upgraded the haali splitter to the latest version.
    Her there are a copy of Mediainfo:

Général
    ID : 1
    Nom complet : E:\Downloads\NewsBin\SignsMuxe\Signs.m2ts
    Format : BDAV
    Format/Info : BluRay Video
    Taille du fichier : 19,6 Gio
    Durée : 1h 46mn
    Débit global moyen : 26,3 Mb/s
    Débit global maximum : 35,5 Mb/s

Vidéo
    ID : 4113 (0x1011)
    ID de menu : 1 (0x1)
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Profil du format : High@L4.1
    Paramètres du format, CABAC : Oui
    Paramètres du format, RefFrames : 3 images
    Débit : 24,6 Mb/s
    Largeur : 1 920 pixels
    Hauteur : 1 080 pixels
    Format à l'écran : 16/9
    Images par seconde : 23,976 Im/s
    Norme : NTSC
    Résolution : 24 bits
    Colorimétrie : 4:2:0
    Type d'image : Progressif

Audio
    ID : 4352 (0x1100)
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Type de débit : Constant
    Débit : 640 Kbps
    Canaux : 6 canaux
    Position des cannaux : Front: L C R, Rear: L R, LFE
    Echantillonnage : 48,0 KHz
    Delai par rapport Vidéo : 14ms
    Langue : Français

Texte #1
    ID : 4608 (0x1200)
    Format : PGS
    Delai par rapport Vidéo : 64ms

Texte #2
    ID : 4609 (0x1201)
    Format : PGS
    Delai par rapport Vidéo : 64ms

You can see, it's a m2ts file. I upload in NG from a ISO file of 25 Go. I demuxed with TSremuxer, Then i encode with MeGui by using the guide of DJrumpy. I used x264. I tested the size of the final file mkv, 8Go 10 Go. I viewed with WMP, MPC and Nero, always the same result.

I also tried to use Ripbot264, I introduces all the data, if you know this program, you know at the end , i push supports just the button " Start" and the software should start the encoding, but here nothing occurs, it posts " job finished" in 1 sec. but ther aren't a encoding file . It's the rason, i tried to use Megui (more complicated) but at least I arrived at the result that we know!

I join a GraphStudio. Thanks a lot

Quote Quote  
  6. Try replacing the Nero Splitter with Haali Media Splitter.

On your encoded file, try playing it back with other media players like VLC, Mplayer, or KMplayer - do the "flashes" still occur?

On your encoded file, try putting it into a transport stream with tsmuxer - does it play correctly with different media players?

I am trying to see if the encoded file has the errors, if it was a decoding error from the .m2ts, or if it is a decoding error in general on your system the way it is configured
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    I am trying to see if the encoded file has the errors, if it was a decoding error from the .m2ts, or if it is a decoding error in general on your system the way it is configured
    Hello, and you see correctly ! I removed the all codecs and re install them. In fact, i did try another time, but this time with "Ripbot264" very easy this soft, and it rules this time Finnaly. I remember that, I had also problems with this software, now I have just made a success for the first time my encoded movie in mkv! 9 hours nevertheless encoding! Tomorrow I will view with my Tvix 7000 to see the result. And I would carry out also a test with Megui, but this one is really much more complicated to parameterize. I would tell you my results with Megui. Thank you for your support.
    Quote Quote