VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Do you know any easy tool to make a DVD photos slideshow with the background music?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Any of the proshow line will do this.

There are some free programs in the tools section also.

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by coody
    Do you know any easy tool to make a DVD photos slideshow with the background music?
    Look here:

https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/photo-dvd-vcd

Out of the programs on that page, I tried DVD PixPlay, Memories on TV and Photodex Proshow. I went with Proshow, but they were all good and are reasonably easy to use. There are others, including DVD slideshow GUI (free), Arcsoft, etc., but I haven't tried 'em so I dunno.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the info. How do you think about the popular software, Magix Movie Edit Pro, Sony Vegas Movie Studio, Pinnacle Studio Plus and Ulead Video Studio Plus? Can they make DVD photo slideshow with the background music (including burn to the DVD/CD)? Which one is easy and good? Has anyone used tham?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by coody
    Thanks for the info. How do you think about the popular software, Magix Movie Edit Pro, Sony Vegas Movie Studio, Pinnacle Studio Plus and Ulead Video Studio Plus? Can they make DVD photo slideshow with the background music (including burn to the DVD/CD)? Which one is easy and good? Has anyone used tham?
    So, you actually want an editing program that can also do slideshows.

As to Pinnacle Studio, I have version 8 on a CD somewhere, it looked good, but it locked up my computer every time I tried to use it. From its reputation, I wasn't alone, but maybe they've fixed it?

Likewise for Ulead VS, I have it but haven't used it much. It does work, though.

I use an older version of Vegas, it's quite good. Dunno about the slideshow function.

Sorry. :P Someone else will be more help, no doubt.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I do not want to edit but make a DVD photos slideshow only. I have already had the software but do not know which one should be my choice to do the project. Can Magix Movie Edit Pro, Sony Vegas Movie Studio, Pinnacle Studio Plus or Ulead Video Studio Plus make background music to the DVD photos slideshow?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    All the software you have listed fits into the video editing category. Yes, you can make slideshows with them, however that is not what they do best, and they will not automate the process for you. I use Vegas Pro to make slideshows, but I have to work on each photo individually - add each transition, make each movement - which is fine if you need to apply that level of control.

If you want to create a slideshow simply and quickly, stop being an arse and listen to all the advice given to you to date about slideshow programs.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TMPGEnc DVDAuthor 3. You can add a slideshow track with audio to any video DVD, use common or individual settings for pictures (folder or single picture import - 6 file types, duration settings, auto-resize, rotation, chapter points on selected pictures, transitions of 40 types etc.). Subtitles if necessary.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yes, a dedicated slideshow program will be easier to use. You did specify easy.

I'll be more specific:

Transition effects are limited in DVD PixPlay, but it's probably the easiest to use of the three I've tried.

With Memories on TV, you can easily create "Ken Burns Effects", if you know what I mean. Also simple to use.

Proshow is perhaps most flexible of the three. Fairly easy.

Really, you should give some trialware a go, only you can decide. [shrugs]
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Since the programming language DVD slideshow GUI is coded in(wxBasic) has been seriously updated.

Try it out - you might get surprised how much you'll get for nothing(it's made out of FOSS software):
    DVD slideshow GUI(the latest release candidate)
    Quote Quote