VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello group,

Anybody having any problems just PLAYING blockbuster videos?

It's amazing, I have three out from the store that play just fine in either of my disk drives!!

But the last five that have been shipped to me do NOT play.

They don't even show up as being loaded on either of my drives.
    (fyi, one is a lite-on shm-165h6s and the other is an nec nd2500a)

Any thoughts or magic tricks to get them to play?

Thanks!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    These are rentals, right? After being handled by multiple users -- many of whom are idiots -- disc damage is not surprising. How do they play on your set-top, home DVD player? (That is the only way I watch rentals.)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the same type of issues renting their dvd's, most are scratched like someone played fetch with their dogs. Normally a rule of thumb i put it in my dvd drive on my comp and do a scan disk to see if its worth my time to try to watch it. Most cases takes 2-3 reships to get a working disk. I guess I'm one of the few that takes care of things as well as others things. Netflix is better about those issues but not by much. Thats just my 2 cents.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I rent all the time with very little problems. Sometimes my PS3 might have a problem with a DVD. But something else would play it. Lots of times before I play a disk I will look at it, if it looks really dirty I'll wash it with soap and water and dry with a large towel. If it looks overly scratched, I'll use a spray wax like behold. Out of the hundreds of disks I've rented from Netflix only the cracked ones wouldn't finally play on something.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  5. bunginuts said, "Most cases takes 2-3 reships to get a working disk."

Glad to hear I'm not alone in getting discs that don't play!!

After I got this last batch that didn't play I had customer service give me two free weeks.

cal_tony wrote, "If it looks overly scratched, I'll use a spray wax like behold."
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give that a try.
    I was already washing the discs but that didn't help them!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. The best thing for cleaning discs is Plexus. You can buy it in motorcycle shops. If it doesn't work, the disc needs resurfaced or trashed.
    Quote Quote