VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    using dvd decrypter and autogk

how do i get the english subtitles of only the japanese speaking parts - don't want english subtitles for the whole film

dvd decrypter - ifo mode

In 'input' i have 2 pgc's a 2.27 hr one and a 0.12 second one - picked the big one

that has underneath 41 chapters and 'cell 1' - all ticked

Tab to 'Stream processing' does this need to be ticked? and if so do i then need direct stream copy, demux or raw

I have 6 ticked boxes

video 16:9
    audio 6ch
    audio 2ch
    subtitle english sp01
    subtitle english sp12
    subtitle german sp13

No matter what i do i don't seem to be able to get the autogk preview to show the subtitles (only for foreign parts of film) - had this problem before with red october but that dvd seemed to be laid out differently

damn why didn't i post a pic - here it is

Quote Quote  
  2. how do i get the english subtitles of only the japanese speaking parts - don't want english subtitles for the whole film
    There's no way to tell given the information you've provided. They might be forced subs (in which case you choose one of the English subs and go into the Advanced Settings to tick "display only forced subtitles"), or they have their own stream (SP12) in which case you choose it and not check the forced subs box. I suspect it's SP12, but there's no real way to tell in advance. Try the 2 possibilities and run the Preview to check before doing the encoding.
    Tab to 'Stream processing' does this need to be ticked?
    No, that's a sure way not to get any subs at all. Don't ever do any streams processing in DVD Decrypter if you're planning on using AutoGK afterwards.

If you can't figure it out with the help of the Preview, get the IDX/SUB VobSubs yourself and open them in SubResynch (comes included with VobSub) and check them out yourself.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Since this film has 2 English subtitle tracks, most likely one is only when the Japanese people speak and it's forced on and the other is the entire movie. If you rip the subs via stream processing and then take a look, you can easily figure out which is which. I'm no AutoGK user, but it seems to me that once you figure out the right stream that you tell AutoGK to use that one only. You could just guess - you've got a 50% chance of getting it right and you could just re-encode if you guess wrong.
    Quote Quote