VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm not able to play blu-ray from within PowerDVD 8 "Open movie file on hard disk drive"
    The folders show but movie folder is unable to select to play the movie.

Did they unable this option in Powerdvd8 and now we can play ISO images only? I have some that were ripped as folders not as ISO
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It's a known problem with rips now. Hollyweird got to the makers of both PowerDVD and WinDVD and convinced them that it would be "in their best interest" to not allow playing BluRay format from hard drives. How exactly this is supposed to stop ripping is something they never bothered to explain. The "fix" is to get a version of PowerDVD that still supports playing from the hard drive. If you do some research you can find such information (I don't keep up, so I don't remember). As far as how you get such an old version, forum rules prevent me from telling you but if you are clever you should be able to figure that out on your own.

It can't play the menus and such, but it is possible also to use the free VLC player and directly load the M2TS files into it from your rips and play them that way. It's ugly, but it does work.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks jman98!!!

I figured it out. I have an older version that works perfect, I thought that version 8 would do something better for me, but I just uninstalled it I'm back on business with the older version. Any other blu-ray players out there in the horizon to try?
    Quote Quote