VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone,

as the title says, I've been having trouble with the normal quality page of a youtube video when I upload in high quality. I followed the guide on this page:

http://webvideotechniques.com/35/how-to-encode-your-videos-for-youtubes-new-high-quality-option

That guide allowed me to upload a high quality H.264 MP4 29.97fps 4080kbps 640x480 video. When I view it with the high quality option (fmt=18 I think) it streams fine, but when viewed in normal quality it takes a while to start and is very slow thereafter.

Is there a way to upload a video that will stream fast in both normal and high quality?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Seiun

Edit: I tried searching youtube, this forum and google for an answer, but couldn't really pinpoint anything. I'm not entirely sure what keywords to use for this kind of problem. Although I think I read here that 25fps is better for H.264, but would this be enough to solve the problem? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    In my experience....it will stream faster in a few days. Some of my more recent uploads are dreadfully slow to play at first....then improve later.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I thought that may be the case. I wondered if they had given the high quality video priority. I guess if I want to show the video to anyone, I also need to tell them to click the high quality link. Thanks.

I wonder if this is all that it is though. Does everyone experience this with HQ uploads?
    Quote Quote