VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to print an image onto a CD using my Epson R320 printer. Everything is set up right, but when I try to print, I get a little window that says INCREASE CD/DVD MEMORY. I have 4 gigs of ram in my Mac G5. It can't be my computer. I don't know what that little window is trying to tell me.

Can anyone help?
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure what the message is trying to tell you -- it seems a bit nonsensical. But you might try a couple of things: 1) will it print the "cd" to paper (with the printer targeting paper media, rather than a cd, will the image print)? 2) does the image consist of mainly text, or is there a picture covering a large portion of the cd? If the latter, try lowering the resolution of the image. Resizing a high resolution image to fit in the space of a cd without reducing the image's pixel count could result in a print file too large for the printer's memory to cope with.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What program are you using to Print with?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using a software called Epson Print CD
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Tom in HD
    I am using a software called Epson Print CD
    The MagicMouse Web site has some tips on CD printing using Epson printers. Be sure to choose A4 as the paper size and choose CD/DVD as the Media type. I haven't seen that error message with my Epson R320 so I don't know what is the reason for it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had a problem with my R200. Not exactly like yours, but it would simply not print on CD's. It worked fine for many cd prints, but all of a sudden, it stopped....it would appear to start the printing process, but would then simply eject the cd tray. I used different trays, computers, called Epson. It would print find on paper, but in the end it never got solved. I bought a 1400 machine and that is quite nice.
    In your case, possibly try to create a new User account and see if it will print from there. Could be some weird conflict, or setting in your primary User account. You also might locate the preference file for Epson Print CD and trash it. It would look something like Epson.PrintCD.plist
    Quote Quote