VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is what I want to do. I have 100's of home movies on VHS, 8mm, and MiniDV. I have the capture card to get all these videos converted to my hard drive. What I would like to do is categorize these videos and play them back on my TV "with a remote control". I have a cable box that I can record TV shows to it's hard drive and play back (DVR) but I want to be able to do this same thing except play my home movies instead. I have a Pioneer DVD recorder that has a 160g HD but I need more storage for all my videos. Is there something I can plug my external hard drives into that will play the videos on my TV with a remote? My vision is to have all my home movies logged onto a hard drive or hard drives and categorized by year, holiday, birthday just like on my DVR (with TV shows) so that I can take the remote and click on birthdays 1998 and play it on the fly. Can someone guide me in the right direction? THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You're probably better off in the Media Center/Home Theater PC forum: https://forum.videohelp.com/media-center-pc-htpc-f47.html

Also, the MiniDV tapes should be transferred to the hard drive digitally via Firewire, not analog through a capture card.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, I will try that forum also...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I will move this thread to our Media Center PC / HTPC Forum. Please don't post the same topic in two forums. Ask a Mod to move a topic in the future. I will delete the other duplicate topic.

Thanks,

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote