VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Which video encoders support the SSE4 instruction set? I currently have tmpgenc plus and the main encoder 1.5 and I know the tmpgenc version I have doesn't but I am not sure about the main encoder.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DivX 6.6 codec and greater carry instruction set for SSE4. If your computer details are up to date (Athlon 2800+), you will not be able to take advantage of it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I am looking for an mpeg 2 encoder that will support these. I have one the new intel quad core cpu's that supports sse4. I have heard that encoders that can take advantage of these instructions are much faster. I have and encoder for doing avi's but I was wanting one for encoding to dvd format that supported this.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I am unaware of any MPEG2 encoders that support SSE4.

MPEG2 is slowly dieing out, I doubt there will be much active development for this
    Quote Quote  
  5. "are much faster" .. yes you can have gains up to 200%, in some specific routines and specially chosen circumstances.
    More normally these things get you at best 10% speed increase, the rest is down to a faster CPU speed, faster memory and other factors.
    These instructions seem to help in motion estimation (or GMC, warp points in divx/xvid). A GPCPU would work better, with native CUDA code..increase of 1000%? sound good?
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote