VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Do you register your software/hardware?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So do you take the time to register your software or hardware?

I rarely do. Usually I don't. Too much of a hassle and who needs the extra junk mail?

Occasionally I'll do it but not very often....

How about you?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I do for either if I think I'm going to need support sometime in the future. For most consumer electronics I don't because it's mostly throw-away stuff anyway. For software it depends on the company, how much I paid for it, or if it's required to get an activation key.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    (o) Sometimes for software

Well, I didn't think that far back, but so far as I can recall, I only registered one product, and that the Pinnacle PCTV Pro stick. I don't get much junk mail from Pinnacle -- thanks GOD. But, they do send me something at least once or twice a month which is perfectly acceptable to me. And on occasion I actually do read some of them .. for their efforts, you know. Oh well.

Yeah, most of my long-term products (without putting much thinking power to it) are:

ATI
    Hauppauge
    Pinnacle
    freeware
    develope-ware, because I do code some of my own stuff, in pascal.

-vhelp 4895
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313
    So do you take the time to register your software or hardware?
    Hmmmm... I see. They've hired *you too*.
    Don't dare deny it!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If they have a couple of check boxes that promise not to sell my email address and don't send me unwanted junk mail, usually. If they demand my mailing address and especially my phone number, no way.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I choose no for both because I don't want to receive junk mails and other commercial promotions.

I don't thrust them, even if I check the box telling I don't want my personal data to be shared with partners.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Rarely. Mostly only for small apps, or for certain media products (Adobe, being the main one).
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote