VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Anonymous74
    Hi,
    I have a problem with the aspect ratio (seeing 16:9 videos in 4:3).
    I'm just a new owner of a digicam (Panasonic SDR-H60) and filmed with 16:9 aspect ratio. After that, I copied the files on my computer (Windows Vista). When I try to look the files with Windows Media Player 11, I see them in 4:3 ratio (and they look like "squeezed"). I also see them like this when I want to edit them with Windows Movie Maker. I also tried to copy them to my PC vial VideoCamSuite (provided with the camera), but it also doesn't work.
    What can I do in order to see 16:9 videos as 16:9 on my PC?
    Thanks a lot!
    Quote Quote  
  2. to view them, i would use anything but wmp. try media player classic. if it doesn't display it correctly use the option view/video frame/override aspect ratio/16x9. the camera must not set he wide 16x9 mpeg-2 flag correctly or the programs would play them wide.

i've never used wmm but in most editors you can set the source material specs by right clicking on the file in the editor and selecting properties. change the 4:3 setting to 16x9.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For mpeg this free app usually works well.

https://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVDPatcher
    Quote Quote  
  4. Anonymous74
    Hi Minidv2dvd, thanks for your comment. The media player classic works, but I need to change the aspect ratio manually every time I click another file.

Hi MysticE, the DVDpatcher doesn't work... the screen becomes green.
    Another option?
    Quote Quote  
  5. try vlc media player. it sometimes will find the right ar by itself.
    Quote Quote