VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can someone help me I captured a couple of family videos to my hard drive with NERO a while ago and was going to wait until I had enough to make a DVD what a mistake because now after I captured a few more I was going to watch and burn all captured videos and one of my videos gives me this message (the video was there and worked when I first captured it.) Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file. All the other videos that have been captured with the same programs work and play. When I go to web help this is a small part of what it says. You've encountered error message C00D1199 while using Windows Media Player. If anyone can help me figure out how to get this burnt on a DVD that can be watched on my DVD player I would really be grateful thanks in advance Mike
    Quote Quote  
  2. WMP is a piece of crap. WMP will only download Microsoft codecs automatically. Any others you have to find and install yourself.

Use a decent player like VLC, MPCHC, or KMPlayer. These have most codecs built in. The latter 2 will use DirectShow codecs if they can't decode the video themselves.

Conversion to DVD will depend on what type of files you have. GSpot can give you all that information.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks but i even tryed to open it with nero and it would not open??
    Quote Quote  
  4. captured with nero? not sure what that means, what type of file was it that you captured? camcorder video, vhs tape,....?? use gspot or mediainfo on the video files on your computer to get some info on the files and post it here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Canon miniDV, captured with Nero Smart Start as a AVI file, And I'm working on the last part of your question thanks Mike
    Quote Quote  
  6. ok. try capturing again. but use windv to capture over firewire as DVavi type II and you'll be able to use it in about any editor/encoder and it should play in any media player.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't have the tape anymore it was recorded over.
    Quote Quote  
  8. did gspot or mediainfo identify what's in the files?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry could not get back to you sooner this is what mediainfo said about the video my computer had a conflict with G-spot could not get it to work.

General
    Complete name : C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\Desktop\Mikes\lost file\losftfile.avi
    Format : AVI
    Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
    File size : 10.5 GiB
    Duration : 1h 23mn
    Overall bit rate : 17.8 Mbps

Video
    Format : Digital Video / Digital Video
    Width : 720 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4/3
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 29.970 fps
    Standard : NTSC
    Colorimetry : 4:1:1
    Scan type : Interlaced

Audio #1
    Format : PCM / PCM
    Bit rate : 768 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 32.0 KHz
    Resolution : 12 bits

Audio #2
    Format : PCM
    Duration : 1h 23mn
    Interleave, duration : 33 ms (1.00 video frame)
    Quote Quote  
  10. And your original DV AVI shows those trails?

Open it with VirtualDub (before opening the video go to Options -> Preferences -> AVI and enable Prefer Internal Video Decoders...) Step through the video. Does it show the trails? If you view it with VLC, KMPlayer, or MPCHC does it show trails? Each of those has its own DV decoder so they won't be dependent on any DirectShow DV decoders. If they all show the same trails you're hosed.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you please define "trails", because I don't know what they are.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by angrymike
    Can you please define "trails"...
    Oh, sorry, I had this confused with another thread where someone was complaining about trails behind anything that was moving.

The MediaInfo data looks like a normal DV AVI file. Does MediaInfo show the same properties for the other caps (the ones that do play properly)? The problem with GSpot could mean you have some codec/configuration problem on your computer. If the other files are also DV AVI that would tend to rule this out as the source of the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is what Mediainfo found on a video captured on the same day that still works they don't seem exactly the same to me but then i'm not sure what exactly I should be looking for

General
    Complete name : C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\My Documents\NeroVision\CapturedVideo\NVECapture.0001.avi
    Format : AVI
    Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
    Format profile : OpenDML
    File size : 7.62 GiB
    Duration : 23h 37mn
    Overall bit rate : 770 Kbps
    Recorded date : 2007-07-10 19:27:36

Video
    Format : Digital Video
    Duration : 37mn 52s
    Bit rate : 28.7 Mbps
    Width : 720 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16/9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 29.970 fps
    Standard : NTSC
    Colorimetry : 4:1:1
    Scan type : Interlaced
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 2.775
    Stream size : 7.60 GiB (100%)

Audio #1
    Bit rate : 768 Kbps

Audio #2
    Duration : 23h 37mn
    Interleave, duration : 33 ms (1.00 video frame)
    Quote Quote