VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are there any plans to add the feature of being able to title the DVD that gets created with S2D? Meaning, when you insert the DVD into a DVD drive on your computer, it will show the name you named it.

If there is a way to do this now, it is not easily found, and it definitely should NOT be a configuration item, since it will change with every single project a person creates, usually.

Also, if I ask S2D not to burn but to create an ISO, I assume it uses ImgBurn to do so?

Let's say the DVD will fit on a standard single layer DVD without needing to be re-encoded to compress it. Would creating an ISO re-encode it, like DVD Shrink does, even though it doesn't need to be shrunk?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by noyou
    Are there any plans to add the feature of being able to title the DVD that gets created with S2D? Meaning, when you insert the DVD into a DVD drive on your computer, it will show the name you named it.

If there is a way to do this now, it is not easily found, and it definitely should NOT be a configuration item, since it will change with every single project a person creates, usually.
    No plans at the moment. I will look into it to see how easy/hard it is

Also, if I ask S2D not to burn but to create an ISO, I assume it uses ImgBurn to do so?
    Correct

Let's say the DVD will fit on a standard single layer DVD without needing to be re-encoded to compress it. Would creating an ISO re-encode it, like DVD Shrink does, even though it doesn't need to be shrunk?

Thanks.
    Creating an ISO from the S2D built DVD is just creating an image of the DVD as it would be on the media... There is no reencoding in this part of the process.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ChrissyBoy
    Originally Posted by noyou
    No plans at the moment. I will look into it to see how easy/hard it is
    Thanks ChrissyBoy,

The reason I usually use DVD Shrink to make my ISO images of DVDs, even if I don't need to shrink them to fit a single disc, is mainly so I can name the DVD. BUT, when I did an MD5 checksum on the DVD files both before and after using DVD Shrink, every file ends up with a different checksum, which tells me DVD Shrink does re-encode, even though it didn't need to.

So, the only thing lacking in SVCD2DVD for me, is the ability to name the DVD. Not a big deal to many, but for those like me who are anal, and/or for those of us making DVDs for others (customers perhaps), it's a bit more professional to have the DVD named with something meaningful, and distinguishable from all the other discs. So it can be a deal breaker for some if they can't name the DVDs they create. Please consider giving it a go. Check out DVD Shrink and try to figure out how they did it perhaps?

Thanks for the cool program!
    Quote Quote  
  4. What program are you using to burn your discs? I believe if you use ImgBurn (burning from a VIDEO_TS), it will name the disc whatever your output folder is named. If so, a workaround is to have S2D output as a file and name the folder appropriately.
    Dwight

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote