VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Here's the dealio.
    My music collection is structured with folders for each artist and subfolders for each cd.
    In each sub folder is a .jpg named the same as the folder.

Well, for the one particular jukebox program I was messing with this was fine for displaying my cover art.

However, for some other programs I am messing with they want the artwork to be named 'folder.jpg'.

So what I want to do is this.

I want to keep my original named files. I want to create a copy of each one named folder.jpg in the same folder.

So there will be 2 identical art files in each folder but with different names.
    I am pretty certain that this can be done with irfanview but I can not quite figure it out.

I pull up the batch conversion window.
    I select all the folders (dummy ones for testing) and all the files.

On the top left is a 'work as' area. with
    Batch Conversion
    Batch rename
    Batch rename - Rename result files (I think this is the one I need to select.

Below that is a Batch rename settings:
    Name pattern:
    This is where I can't figure out what commands to use...

Can someone help me out here?

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Set the Work as: to Batch Rename (you don't want to convert the jpgs right?) and set name pattern to just folder.jpg. Click options next to that and select rename original/input files. This should do what you want except that it wont keep the original files but there doesn't seem to be a way to do this in irfanview.
    HaCKer_52
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No luck....

Pattern: folder.jpg

Converting image: D:\testing\3 Doors Down\The Better Life\The Better Life.jpg
    ... Ok - folder.jpg
    Converting image: D:\testing\311\Greatest Hits '93-'03\folder.jpg
    Warning: Destination file already exists, NO overwrite: folder.jpg
    Converting image: D:\testing\311\Greatest Hits '93-'03\Greatest Hits 93 03.jpg
    Converting image: D:\testing\A Perfect Circle\Mer de Noms\Mer De Noms.jpg
    Converting image: D:\testing\Adam Sandler\They're All Gonna Laugh At You\They're All Gonna Laugh At You.jpg
    Converting image: D:\testing\Adam Sandler\What The Hell Happened To Meż\Copy of What the Hell Happened To Me.jpg
    Converting image: D:\testing\Adam Sandler\What The Hell Happened To Meż\What the Hell Happened To Me.jpg
    Converting image: D:\testing\Aerosmith\O, Yeah! - Ultimate Aerosmith Hits (Disc-1)\Ultimate Aerosmith Hits.jpg
    Converting image: D:\testing\Aerosmith\O, Yeah! - Ultimate Aerosmith Hits (Disc-2)\Ultimate Aerosmith Hits.jpg
    Converting image: D:\testing\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\Jagged Little Pill.jpg
    Converting image: D:\testing\Alanis Morissette\So-Called Chaos\So Called Chaos.jpg
    Converting image: D:\testing\Alice In Chains\Greatest Hits\Greatest Hits.jpg
    Converting image: D:\testing\Alice In Chains\Nothing Safe\Nothing Safe.jpg

13 Files - Errors: 0, Warnings: 12
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have a way I can do what I want by simply renaming all the files to folder.jpg. I have an easy way to get all the original files copied back to their original folders.

However, the program wants me to select a destination folder for the new files...I want them be left right where they are...this is the problem right now.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you set it to rename original/input files it should leave the files in the original directory and ignore the destination folder setting. Do you have the latest version of irfanview? If not update it.
    HaCKer_52
    Quote Quote