VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to cut out a few seconds from the last video (.vob) file of the authored DVD (to make it fit into the DVD-r.)

I followed the directions of the sticky (via VOBedit/MPEG Video Wizard) but how do I mux it back?

I managed to mux it back via VOBEdit but playback of the movie via my DVD player ends right where the last .vob begins and there is no chapter navigation for the last 5-10 minutes of the video. Is there a setting I must configure in IFOedit or something?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't know anything about the sticky or the method it uses, but this is easily done with VobBlanker. Use the Prev/Cut button on the last cell, cut out the ending, and Process it. Here's a guide:

http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/guides/VobBlanker/prevcut/index.php

You can also do this in DVD Shrink by reauthoring it with the last part cut out and no compression. That will get you the movie with no menus. You'll then stick it back into the original DVD with VobBlanker. Here's a guide:

http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/guides/VobBlanker/adding_menus/index.htm

The first way is easier and faster, though, but if you already have the movie minus the end from following the sticky (and nothing got screwed up in the process), then this 2nd guide will be a better way than VobEdit to get it back into the original DVD, thus getting back the menus and anything else in there you might want to keep.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If it's just seconds you want to cut, why not keep them and keep your project simple by just shrinking the movie?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Get Rejig and select "DVD backup" and then your VIDEO_TS folder. It will shrink to fit.
    Quote Quote