VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, here's my question:

I want to record a movie from TV and sync this audio with a DVD video of the same movie.
    The idea is to author a DVD adding that new language track.

My standalone-DVD device only records at 29,970 FPS.

The problem is, the DVD movie plays at 23,976.

If I get audio and video to start at the same point, they will progressively loose sync.

If I use an audio edit tool to shrink the audio from TV and fit the DVD, the pitch is changed because
    the large difference of speed.

If I choose the "preserve pitch" option, this will result in a weird slower speaking pace.

So I will appreciate any ideas.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Even if you somehow get the frame rates to be the same, if there are any differences in the TV and DVD versions (maybe it's impossible for you to edit the TV version so it is exactly the same as the DVD), they will never be in sync. You should NOT have to change pitch or speed for audio between 23.976 fps and 29.97 fps. They are going out of sync probably because the length of the TV version is different from the length of the DVD version.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98
    Even if you somehow get the frame rates to be the same, if there are any differences in the TV and DVD versions (maybe it's impossible for you to edit the TV version so it is exactly the same as the DVD), they will never be in sync. You should NOT have to change pitch or speed for audio between 23.976 fps and 29.97 fps. They are going out of sync probably because the length of the TV version is different from the length of the DVD version.
    Well I've seen a lot of home-made custom DVDs being adverted with this feature

So I think it's possible to do it, just can't figure out how..

Maybe to cut out the commercials and synchronize part by part?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote