VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have just transferred a video file from my CAnon HF100 (.mts file) and it is about 6min long. I play it and about 1min into the video the audio gets ahead of the video. The file is about 800megs.

I'm playing this on a brand new PC: Intel E7200, 4gigs of ram, HD4870. I had this problem on my old PC where it gave the same problem. I was really hoping this wouldn't happen on my new rig.

Any solutions?

I have read the sticky thread but nothing seemed to be of help there.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's possible that your CPU is too slow

Using coreavc pro may help, since it decodes h264 and is multithreaded. Unfortunately not free

You can try other media players, such as MPlayer or VLC which may play the file back slightly better

You can try DXVA using the video card, try MPC-HC (free) or Cyberlink Power DVD (not free)

I personally would upgrade the CPU to a quad core - this should have no problems with any file

I'm assuming that the problem isn't due to corruption (e.g. if you get a "glitch" at a certain time, the audio may be skewed from that "glitch" point onward). You may have to test some other recordings to rule this out, before spending $$ on some upgrades
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh...I really was hoping it wouldn't be my system. I'll look into it further. Thanks!
    Quote Quote