VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So I currently have a 250GB, 500GB, and 1TB drive that backup to another 2TB external drive. Since space is running out on my regular drives, I am thinking of moving my 2TB into the fold and getting another backup drive. Currently my external drive is a Western Digital MyBook Premium drive connected through Firewire 800 ports (although for whatever reason I can't get better then regular Firewire 400 speed, but that's neither here nor there). I think it's time to build my own array of backup drives and I was wondering how I could go about doing this. As far as I understand I have to buy an enclosure for the drives -- do they make enclosures that could hold 6 1TB drives (or three 2TB drives) that have Firewire 400 or 800 ports on them? I did a little searching online and found a few with two bays, but no more then that.

Also, are there any special concerns about how hot so many drives would run for me to consider?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have bought drives from these guys before. Only for 1 or 2 drives.

http://www.cooldrives.com/firen.html

If youre worried about cooling I also have a small 12 fan blowing on my external drives when they are in use......

Good luck
    Quote Quote