VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone,

I'm a little bit new to this so please bear with me if I don't explain something very well.

I like to create digital files out of my DVDs and Blu-ray discs so that I can put my physical discs in storage and have been able to do so successfully with all of my discs until now.

My method for Blu-Ray discs has been as follows:

1. Insert BD disc into drive, rip to hard drive using AnyDVD HD. At this point, with all of my discs minus Independence Day, I can then drag my m2ts files straight into Zoom Player and play them.

2. Open MeGUI and load the main m2ts file into the avisynth script creator. When I do this with Independence Day, I get an error tha says something along the lines of "DirectShow has timed out waitng for graph to initialize" I'm at work now so I can't get the exact error text but that's pretty close. This is where my adventures in encoding Independence Day end. This is also where I need insight as to what is going wrong.

3. With all my other discs, my next step is to setup my aviSynth script then encode to a 768P mp4 using MeGUI (to save space and since I only have a 768P TV).

4. Demux the AC3 audio with TsMuxer.

5. Mux the MP4 and the AC3 into an MKV file.

So does anyone know why my m2ts files for Independence Day can't be loaded by the aviSynth script creator or by Zoom Player like all my others? The m2ts files will play if I drag them into PowerDVD.

Also, this is the only disc I have that is BD+ protected. I thought new versions of AnyDVD HD took care of this but maybe I'm unaware of some other method I should be using with these discs.

Thanks for looking everyone. If I can provide anymore information, please let me know and I will try to tell you everything I can but I am limited in what I have access to right now as I am at work. Also, bear in mind, alot of what you say may go over my head so I may ask for clarification 12 times.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome to the forums.

What you report is EXACTLY what people who ripped the earliest BD+ discs said - they ripped fine and they could be played from hard disk but they could not be encoded to any other formats. This is definitely because of the BD+ encryption.

Maybe you are not up to date on AnyDVD. Also, you might check the forums at http://www.doom9.net as they may have some up to date info on ripping BD+ discs, perhaps even your particular title.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am running the latest version of AnyDVD HD (6.4.6.4 Beta) along with the latest versions of meGUI, Zoom Player etc. etc.

I failed to mention in my inital post, I'm running Vista Ultimate 64. In my searching I came across one person who had a problem and mentioned Vista 64 as being a possible culprit but I couldn't find anything to support that. Don't know if that helps anyone at all but the more info the better, right?

Thanks for the reply, I'll check over at Doom9. In the meantime, if anyone else has any advice, please chime in.
    Quote Quote