VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am familiar and comfortable ripping a movie, video w/audio from a DVD and then burning to make a DVD copy with DVDShrink, DVD Decrypter, Imgburn, or Nero to rip and burn.

What do I need to know about taking a DVD Slideshow with audio, only still images(Jpegs?) with an audio track, no video, and doing the same?

Is process and s/w needed the same?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The simplest method to ensure you get everything is to take an ISO image of the disc, then burn that. It won't matter then if the disc is a DVD or data disc of images and mp3 files. if it is a protected DVD then you will have to use DVD Decrypter or DVDFab HD Decrypter to rip and create the ISO. If it is just a burned disc then you can create the ISO with Imgburn, then burn with same.

If it is a true DVD slideshow then you rip it and burn it like any DVD, because that is all it is. There is nothing special about it in that respect.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So there are 3 kinds original could be? DVD disc of images and mp3s, Data disc of images and mp3s, and "true DVD slideshow"? And all can be ripped as ISO? You say if it's a true DVD slideshow, rip and burn like any DVD and I use ISO for that, but rip, protected or not, with DVDShrink.

If I understand, just rip any one of the 3 as ISO is the easiest, foolproof way? And so don't really need to know which of the 3 you have as original?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Pretty much. An ISO is just an image of the disc. Doesn't matter if it is a data disc or DVD video disc.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote