VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i have got a cellphone with bluetooth facility. can i send files from my computer to my pc? with what programme can i do this? plz.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If your PC has bluetooth built in you can. If it doesn't then you will have to buy a bluetooth adapter for it. These usually just plug into a USB port. They will come with drivers and software.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. if i am wrong plz forgive me. but do you mean a cable(with ther nokia pc suite software) which we connect to the pc's USB for transferring files from the pc to the phone?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No. It is a small device like a USB memory stick. Bluetooth is a wireless transfer method. The PC needs to have a bluetooth transmitter/receiver to talk to the phone.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Though my Motorola Razr cell phone has Bluetooth, I just use a USB cable for transferring files. But I also have the transfer software. As mentioned, you may be able to use Bluetooth for all this, but you would need the Bluetooth PC adapter and the software.
    Quote Quote  
  7. thanks a lot for the advice.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Slight question - I already use my PocketPC's Bluetooth connection as an alternate way of transferring files to my phone, but I can only transfer one file at a time (annoying when you want to transfer a lot of files to the phone ). Could I overcome that limit with a BT adapter connected to a PC? I suspect it's a limitation of the protocol, though.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Depending on the Bluetooth stack you're using you can batch send files, meaning they're still sending one at a time but it will queue the others and send them consecutively. I use the built-in BT on my Sony Vaio laptop for transferring files to and from my Windows mobile phone all the time, I also use the BT connection for tethering so I can use the internet connection on my phone from my laptop without having to connect the two. Keep in mind that current Bluetooth (2.1 +EDR?) only supports something like 8-10Mb speeds so it isn't going to be very fast moving files back and forth.
    FB-DIMM are the real cause of global warming
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I "Bluetoothed" once....between my wife's phone and mine....just to see if it worked....it did.....now where's my phone's USB cable? By the time I get Bluetooth on both phones set up/turned on/activated...whatever...I'd be done by now.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ah, okay. Yeah, I don't expect high-speed transfers with BT. I'm only using it to transfer small files to the phones (and I'm too lazy to pull out the USB cord or microSD card ).
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote