VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32
FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by lhughes View Post
    How can I confirm that I've successfully installed the new firmware? I downloaded DVP5990_37_vb6_v32_CD_Logo.rar and put the disc in, and the logo changed to the "CD" version, so I know *something* happened, but when I do the key sequence to check the FW version, it still says "37.08.51.31. Shouldn't that last number change to "32"?
    OK, I figured out that there was an even newer firmware, so I downloaded 4.1.1 and flashed/installed it (this time from USB). It seemed to work fine, but now I seem to have lost the ability to display the firmware version at all (I'm opening the tray, going to the Setup/General menu and pressing 1379 on the remote). I also can't display the BIN filename by pressing 55 on the remote.

Obviously if everything works fine I don't need to worry, but I'm wondering if there's a new procedure for checking the firmware version, or if I'm doing something wrong, or... ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. help please

I tried updated my 5990/f7 made in April, 2010 and it seems to have updated successfully (says it was updating then powered off and on) but everything is still the same.

but when I check the version by opening the tray and pressing 55, it says DVP5990_37.bin
    Quote Quote  
  3. nvm, i had a disc in there before, took it out and it works now

is there a way to make it list in order by filename ?

is DVP5990_37_vb6_v4_1.rar from http://www.mediafire.com/vb6rocod#18,1 the newest version for 5990 ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, any chance of making DVP5990_37_vb6_v4_1 support cyrillic fonts? I really like this mod but my overall experience suffers from lack of it. Please?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    (deleted)
    Last edited by rogmath; 21st Nov 2010 at 17:17. Reason: reposted as separate item
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would like to download these upgrades.

DVP5990_37_vb6_v2_3_1.rar
    DVP5990_37_vb6_v2_3_2.rar
    DVP5990_37_vb6_v3
    DVP5990_37_vb6_v32_All_Logo

I have the 37 firmware uploaded to the mediafire folder, but at this date, these are not in the folder.

Where can I find these upgrades ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hey folks. I'd a bit of a crash a while back and am looking to grab a folder sorting utility I had for sorting my external drive. In fact I think it was called "folder sort," bot for the life of me it seems all my searches are leading to a dead end. I found "drive sort," but it doesn't seem to like doing a straight alphabetical sort. Anyone know what I'm on about?
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Could it be this one? FolderSort, by Damien Burke. I'm currently using it under Vista.

(Did a quick Google search for it, but I wasn't sure about the links that came up on the first page, so I'm going ahead and attempting to attach the version I have, here. Probably should've done a webarchive revival of the homepage, though...)
    Image Attached Files
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Ah yes, worked like a charm on the thumb drive. Many thanks for the quick response, Ai. You're too kind.

PS. I couldn't find a decent download of it either.
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
  10. The rapishare and mediafire download links for these firmwares are dead on vb6rocod's sites. OP's rapidshare links were the same ones, so they're also dead. Does anyone here have the latest version of this firmware? I've been looking everywhere and cannot find it. I'd kill to have this file: DVP5990_37_vb6_v32_All_Logo.rar, but any of the logos would suffice. Someone please help me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    vb6rocod's blog (http://vb6rocod.blogspot.com/) gives a link to this Mediafire directory
    in his latest post (November 19). The DVP5990_37 directory doesn't seem to contain the All_Logo version you're looking for, though.

You might also try sending a PM to vb6rocod, but unfortunately, it looks like he hasn't been active on VH since January. Or perhaps leave a comment on his blog.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Is vb6_v32 the latest and greatest firmware for the DVP5990/37?
    Does anyone have the DVP5990_37_vb6_v32_All_Logo (or equivalent) file?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dougbaldwin View Post
    I'd kill to have this file: DVP5990_37_vb6_v32_All_Logo.rar, but any of the logos would suffice. Someone please help me.
    Here you go:
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Alexo View Post
    Is vb6_v32 the latest and greatest firmware for the DVP5990/37?

Thanks!
    I have a version 4, version 4.1, and version 4.1.1 in my collection. If you want any of them let me know.

The only one that I have a change log for is version 4, and it says:
    ======================
    "New "design"

* new skin for logo and filebrowser (smaller)
    * new fonts for OSD and filebrowser
    * new icons
    * yellow bar is now grey...
    * 1 tag mp3 (title) near fileindex
    * version with "Load Org Then All" - (ORG version from previous)"
    ======================

You can see the "new design" here:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic355675-660.html#1977963
    (scroll down to post #664)

Edit:
    I was able to find references to the 4.1 and 4.1.1 updates in earlier posts in this thread.
    4.1:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/293844-New-firmware-for-5990-37-Thanks-to-vb6rocod?...=1#post1902913
    Update 5990/37(F7), 5990K/55(75)

* New OSD font
    * Volume stored and restored on power down and up!

DVP5990_37_vb6_v4_1.rar
    DVP5990K_55_vb6_v4_1.rar
    DVP5990K_75_vb6_v4_1.rar
    ================================
    4.1.1:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/293844-New-firmware-for-5990-37-Thanks-to-vb6rocod?...=1#post1954803

4_1_1 is a "custom" version with volume on keys 7 and 9. Use version "No_Load ", if you use ssa, smi subtitles, or if you have multiple sub/idx subtitles in same folder (with regural version only first sub/idx is loaded).
    Last edited by Squash; 29th Jan 2012 at 20:28.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Squash View Post
    I have a version 4, version 4.1, and version 4.1.1 in my collection. If you want any of them let me know.
    Use version "No_Load ", if you use ssa, smi subtitles, or if you have multiple sub/idx subtitles in same folder (with regural version only first sub/idx is loaded).
    Can you please upload the "no_load" version?

Edit:
    Never mind, found it here: http://hdforall.freehostia.com/index.php

Thanks!
    Last edited by Alexo; 17th Mar 2012 at 18:06.
    Quote Quote  
  16. The Player works fine with the firmware except for one annoying problem.

When I turn it on after it was off for a while and try to play an AVI (any) from the USB-connected hard drive, the video plays but there is no sound.
    If I turn it off and then on again, the problem disappears, until the next time.

Since I bought it used and flashed the firmware immediately, I do not know if it's the player's fault or the firmware's.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  17. When playing an AVI movie from a USB had drive (Pirates of the Caribbean 4), it would stop playing about 20 minutes before the end and drop back to the menu.

Never mind. Bad file.
    Last edited by Alexo; 2nd Apr 2012 at 10:23.
    Quote Quote  
  18. When i press 55 it says DVP5990_12 which firmware i should download?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ideally, you'd want the latest version - one of the 4.x versions, at least. However, keep in mind that while this modified firmware changes a number of things for the better, it's likely that it won't fix the problem you're having with getting certain AVIs to play (So i have a problem - 1.30 GB or more movie doesn't read to end).
    Quote Quote