VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 32
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    As usual, I have some subtitle questions...

1) Yellow subs...are they bright yellow?

2) Would this have any effect on divx subs that are imbedded in divx file (xsub files I've muxed with srt2bmp)?

3) Is there anywhere on line that I can see what the changes look like? Google sends me back here : )
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Tripper_
    Originally Posted by hoog23
    I think I just bricked my 5992

Had saved the file to my usb and forgot about it. I pulled it out while it was updating...

Then turned the power off.

Now it doesn't power on.

Any way to reset the thing?

Hopefully I can find the cosco receipt.
    By making a serial cable you could fix by reflashing.
    Thanks. Cosco just exchanged it no questions asked.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for version 1.2.

Questions/Requests:

1) Is there a way to turn off the . and 3-letter file extension? The icon is nice and there's no reason for this added clutter which is really a computer data, not a video data as far as the DVD player is concerned.

2) Is it possible to change aspect ratio while playing? I've noticed some SD 4:3 files are playing square; 3:3

3) Is it possible to ignore the Recycled directory on a USB device?

4) Can the player read Volume ID? That would be a great way to title menus.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Many thanks for the excellent new firmware.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    First off, thank you so much for taking the time with this firmware!

Found bug:

In v1.2 when you press "Title" to get "Go To" and "Setup", the "-:--:--" is nearly blacked out. It looks like dark gray on black. v1.1 was white on black and easy to see.
    Edit:
    It seems to depend on AR. The issue above was found using 2.35 AR content. When using 16:9 or 4:3 it depends on color of video in background. Either way v1.1 seems easier to read IMO.

Feature Request
    Add a "cut out block" where "Go To" and "Setup" are displayed.

Tested on DVP-5992/37 North American unit.

All else looks good, thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by waefwaeefwaefw
    First off, thank you so much for taking the time with this firmware!

Found bug:

In v1.2 when you press "Title" to get "Go To" and "Setup", the "-:--:--" is nearly blacked out. It looks like dark gray on black. v1.1 was white on black and easy to see.
    Edit:
    It seems to depend on AR. The issue above was found using 2.35 AR content. When using 16:9 or 4:3 it depends on color of video in background. Either way v1.1 seems easier to read IMO.

Feature Request
    Add a "cut out block" where "Go To" and "Setup" are displayed.

Tested on DVP-5992/37 North American unit.

All else looks good, thanks again!
    I noticed this also. I prefer the osd fonts vb6rocod uses in 5990/12. Actually that's the firmware I'm using.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the quick reply Tripper_

Will the 5990/12 version work with the 5992/37 and is a serial cable required to flash?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by waefwaeefwaefw
    Thanks for the quick reply Tripper_

Will the 5990/12 version work with the 5992/37 and is a serial cable required to flash?

Yes to both questions.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    vb6rocod question for you ?

I have some subtitle question !

Is it possible to make 1-more firmware with 1251 Cyrillic support for subtitle ?

BIG PLEASE if it no so hard !

THANKS !

DVP-5992/37 North American unit !
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks to the firmware upgrader- 100% respect to you, Upgrade works from usb flash card reader using camera SD card !

Take it back to Costco, and get another one and don;t balls it up next time
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you vb6rocod for the firmware upgrade. I use the 1.2 version. One question. I use my 5992 to watch VOB files on a USB hard drive. On some movies, the movie kept flashing white screen in between the movie scenes, and the audio get messed up. The movies are broken up in to 1GB VOB files. When viewing the same movies on the PC, they do fine. Do you or anybody has that problem? If so, can it be fixed? Again, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hn1021
    Thank you vb6rocod for the firmware upgrade. I use the 1.2 version. One question. I use my 5992 to watch VOB files on a USB hard drive. On some movies, the movie kept flashing white screen in between the movie scenes, and the audio get messed up. The movies are broken up in to 1GB VOB files. When viewing the same movies on the PC, they do fine. Do you or anybody has that problem? If so, can it be fixed? Again, thanks.

Something is wrong on your end. I've watched many movies with VOB files. Try flashing your dvd player back to the factory firmware and see if you still have problems.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you Tripper for the quick reply. I tried ripping those movies again and they work good.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    vb6crod - Can you make the same "Repeat and Repeat AB to VOL- and +" modification that you did with 5990/12 to this american firmware?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by pav75

Is it possible to make 1-more firmware with 1251 Cyrillic support for subtitle ?

THANKS !

I change fonts for subtitle, but for Filebrowser you must use latin alphabet.
    Also, minor change, new OSD font (smaller) and for "GoTo" when enter color is now yellow and is change to white.

DVP5990_37_vb6_v1_2_1_1251.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/144681213/DVP5990_37_vb6_v1_2_1_1251.rar.html
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by shadow_cruiser
    vb6crod - Can you make the same "Repeat and Repeat AB to VOL- and +" modification that you did with 5990/12 to this american firmware?
    Yes I make this...
    Also I change OSD font (smaller, like original) and for "GoTo" I change color when enter "h:mms" to a yellow. After enter, color is back to white.

To version with and without volume on "Repeat" and "Repeat AB".
    DVP5990_37_vb6_v1_2_1_volume.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/144682875/DVP5990_37_vb6_v1_2_1_volume.rar.html
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    With ver 1.2 firmware installed I still cannot get all the characters of an MP3 song in the file browser using the USB port. I was expecting 40 characters as stated above.Is this normal? Many Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by olegeiser
    With ver 1.2 firmware installed I still cannot get all the characters of an MP3 song in the file browser using the USB port. I was expecting 40 characters as stated above.Is this normal? Many Thanks
    It depends on how your accessing the mp3. I think there is still limitations to accessing over external usb drive. If you burn mp3 to a dvd I think it will show more characters. I could be wrong on this. In any case using vb6rocod firmware will show more than the standard firmware.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Tripper. Yes there appears to be this limitation utilizing the USB input. As it stands I only see the artist and a couple of letters of the song. Also I have so far been unable to shuffle the play back. Today I will burn the mp3s to a DVD and do a test.
    Many thanks to vb6crod for improving the interface!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by olegeiser
    From USB only 23 character in Filebrowser, but be happy, most player have only 8 (in fact 6, last 2 are like ~1).
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vb6rocod
    Originally Posted by pav75

THANKS !

I change fonts for subtitle, but for Filebrowser you must use latin alphabet.
    Also, minor change, new OSD font (smaller) and for "GoTo" when enter color is now yellow and is change to white.

DVP5990_37_vb6_v1_2_1_1251.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/144681213/DVP5990_37_vb6_v1_2_1_1251.rar.html

YOU ARE THE BEST !

THANK YOU VERY MACH !

Everything working perfect for me !

Thanks again !

Regards !
    Quote Quote  
  22. I am using component connection to an LCD TV. The file browser from disc shows a short list. Is there a way to show more filenames? I will move to HDMI next week.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Big thanks for vb6rocod! Everything in v1_2_1 works quite well on my 5992! Just a little question... for the "Repeat and Repeat AB to VOL- and +" functionality (I if upload that fw) did the original Repeat and Repeat AB button loose the function? Because after I use that fw, the Repeat and Repeat AB will become vol buttons, but I cannot find any button to do Repeat and Repeat AB now... Is it either or situation? (I try to press the vol buttons down next to the mute button, but nothing happens)
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by wwywong
    Big thanks for vb6rocod! Everything in v1_2_1 works quite well on my 5992! Just a little question... for the "Repeat and Repeat AB to VOL- and +" functionality (I if upload that fw) did the original Repeat and Repeat AB button loose the function? Because after I use that fw, the Repeat and Repeat AB will become vol buttons, but I cannot find any button to do Repeat and Repeat AB now... Is it either or situation? (I try to press the vol buttons down next to the mute button, but nothing happens)
    To version with and without volume on "Repeat" and "Repeat AB".
    DVP5990_37_vb6_v1_2_1_volume.rar

If you want Repeat and Repeat AB use "without".
    Volume buttons on remote are used only for TV (if is compatible).
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks vb6rocod for the promptly reply! I just want to know if I sees it correctly. Ok then, I will use the one without. Volume in Repeat and Repeat AB is no big deal for me anyway. I have my TV remote... Don't wanna loosse the Repeat and Repeat AB function in case I need it.

Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  26. Just a question. Is volume level store ? If you set, let say to 10, next time when you open player volume is 10 or 20 ?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Apologies if this question has already been answered.
    Will this firmware work on a UK-spec 5990 player or is it US only?
    Also, does it support multi-region DVD playback?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gillie
    Apologies if this question has already been answered.
    Will this firmware work on a UK-spec 5990 player or is it US only?
    Also, does it support multi-region DVD playback?
    This is for the North American version. Yes it's multi-region DVD playback.
    Quote Quote  
  29. you can make your 5990 UK region free easilly with a remote control hack:-

https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/philips-dvp-5990/9370
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  30. We're *Really, Really* Impressed With The Player But The Player Doesn't Seem Able To Play DTS CDs - Is There Some Completely OK "Work-Around" (Or Completely OK Firmware "Fix") Which Will Allow The Player To Play DTS CDs (And/Or DTS DVDs)?
    Quote Quote