VideoHelp Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 32
FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. You'll probably have to convert them to Divx/Xvid AVI. What codecs do they use? GSpot or MediaInfo will tell you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mediainfo is at http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mediainfo/MediaInfo_GUI_0.7.27_Windows_i386.exe. Once you've installed that, pass your file to it. It'll tell you the detail you seek.

or

simply run it thru' something like "Divx Converter" choosing the "Home Theater" option and it will produce the format you require.

Good luck!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VB6 Web site closed shut down .. deleted.. Ohhh.. no... is there a replacement host.. or new address... panic mode has kicked in ..
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by SteelDeath
    VB6 Web site closed shut down .. deleted.. Ohhh.. no... is there a replacement host.. or new address... panic mode has kicked in ..
    It's not all dead.... I have mirrors
    Visit my Blog or my site (mirror)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you very much for the link VB6 .. PS I hate to ask but no one has made one single squeak in responce to my other question . of is there anything that can be done with the 3982's ?

Thanks a Million for all your wonderful creative hard work and outstanding improvements on the 5990 and others as well .. Best wishes and many thanks.. for everything

Steel
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Vb6!

I really appreciate your work. I updated my DVP3962/37 successfully and I've been greatly surprised with your great job.

I was trying to update my father's brand new DVP3962/F7 but when I put the cd in it says "Unkown Disc".
    Can you add this to the firmware?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by MarcoTX
    Hi Vb6!

I really appreciate your work. I updated my DVP3962/37 successfully and I've been greatly surprised with your great job.

I was trying to update my father's brand new DVP3962/F7 but when I put the cd in it says "Unkown Disc".
    Can you add this to the firmware?

Thanks!
    Open tray and press "55" to see name of firmware.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Please ignore
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I d'loaded
    http://rapidshare.de/files/45238647/DVP5990_37_vb6_v32_All_Logo.rar.html

it has 4 winrar files in there
    DVP5990_37_vb6_v32_CD_Logo
    DVP5990_37_vb6_v32_DivX_Logo
    DVP5990_37_vb6_v32_Philips_Logo
    DVP5990_37_vb6_v32_Vista_Logo

which one should I flash onto my phillips 5990 player ? also is this the latest firmware update which has all the goodies ?
    Quote Quote  
  10. I think they're all the same except each has a different entry screen graphic. I chose the lovely, crisp Philips Logo. Looks damn nice too.
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi Folks -- Wierdness on my screen.

I've vb6rocod's DVP5990_37_vb6_v4_1 bin installed on my box, and recently I noticed the top of the menu squeezing together as if my CRT tube was going on me, but when I cancel out of the menu all looks normal.

Here's a couple of (not so great) captures of the ol' tube in question -- Toshiba 27A44, 'bout six years old. First a shot of the menu in action, and the second shot of a paused flic. As I say, the images aren't great but I can assure anyone that may ask the question . . . no, there is no distortion on the screen when I close menu. Flics still look great on the bugger.

I'm not laying blame at the feet of vb6rocod's bin for this, but It's something I've never come across before so any input greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
  12. Typical regulation problem with old CRTs.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Don't follow you, Jag. What do you mean by "regulation problem?" Believe me, I'm no electronics expert. Not even a neophyte.
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
  14. The high voltage regulators in old CRTs have problems with bright horizontal stripes. The power needed to draw the bright picture causes a drain on the power supply so the circuits that deflect the electron beam from side to side can't get the beam all the way to the edges.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Thanks for lesson, Jag. Always appreciated. Funny I never noticed it before. Is this a progressive thing? I mean, can I expect this to worsen? And why, if you know, does this only seem to happen at the top of the screen?

I guess it's time to break out some quid and grab a flattie.
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
  16. If you make yourself a video of a few thick horizontal white lines on a dark gray background you should see the problem with every white line. But it's worse at the top and bottom because the angle of deflection is greater (the electron beam is being deflected to the top or bottom as well as too the sides).
    Quote Quote  
  17. Thanks again, Jag. So, this is typical CRTs, and not indicative of my set about to croak. Cheers.
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
  18. As CRTs get older the problem gets worse.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Gotcha. Thanks for putting up with all the questions.
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I ran into the following problem with video subtitles on my 5990 (running vb6rocod firmware): I want to play a film which consists of two avi files, say, file1.avi and file2.avi, each with its corresponding set of idx/sub subtitle files, and the player would both avi files using the same first set of subtitle files, i.e., file1.idx/file1.sub. The same film would play just fine using Vlc so problem with subtitle file format can be ruled out.

I would very much appreciate any pointer on what could be causing this problem.

TIA.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've seen this happen once when the filenames were too long. For a test shorten the name to something else, maybe even file1 and file2, then you should get the file2 subs.
    Last edited by Techflaws; 27th Jan 2010 at 01:46.
    Techflaws.org
    Things Can Only Get Better

Philips DVP3260/5990 FAQ
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by kinemax View Post
    I ran into the following problem with video subtitles on my 5990 (running vb6rocod firmware): I want to play a film which consists of two avi files, say, file1.avi and file2.avi, each with its corresponding set of idx/sub subtitle files, and the player would both avi files using the same first set of subtitle files, i.e., file1.idx/file1.sub. The same film would play just fine using Vlc so problem with subtitle file format can be ruled out.

I would very much appreciate any pointer on what could be causing this problem.

TIA.
    You need a version without patch "Load Org" DVP5990_37_vb6_v4_1_No_Load.rar
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Techflaws View Post
    I've seen this happen once when the filenames were too long. For a test shorten the name to something else, maybe even file1 and file2, then you should get the file2 subs.
    I had thought so, too, and tried renaming the files with shorter names but that didn't solve it.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What button do I press to change/switch between 16:9 and 4:3 instead of going to the settings menu to do it?

If that's not possible, a firmware update would be nice or a program to modify the .bin file, like the volume control on "repeat" key.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vb6rocod View Post
    You need a version without patch Load Org DVP5990_37_vb6_v4_1_No_Load.rar
    Thanks for the information.

Is there a description/list of incremental features/fixes of this version v4.1 No-Load compared to version v3.2 I am currently using?

TIA.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by kinemax View Post
    Thanks for the information.

Is there a description/list of incremental features/fixes of this version v4.1 No-Load compared to version v3.2 I am currently using?

TIA.
    On my site/blog
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did that on my _37 and I get DVP3962_37.BIN
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did that on my _37 and I get DVP3962_37.BIN

on my father's _F7 nothing comes up when I press 55!
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    On my site/blog
    Does this version trade off some other features to accommodate support of additional subtitle formats?

Also what is new in v4.1.1?
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by kinemax View Post
    Does this version trade off some other features to accommodate support of additional subtitle formats?

Also what is new in v4.1.1?
    4_1_1 is a "custom" version with volume on keys 7 and 9. Use version "No_Load ", if you use ssa, smi subtitles, or if you have multiple sub/idx subtitles in same folder (with regural version only first sub/idx is loaded).
    Quote Quote