VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Ok, I just purchased an HD-PVR and it captures great quality via component cables but I can't figure out how to encode them to a .mkv file for personal use and to save space. I tried using DGMPGDEC152 to demux the file but I get this error.

I read posts her etelling me to demux it using DGIndex, then create a .avs file and then use mpegui to encode but I can't get past the first step. I also tried AutoMKV and get the same error. I tried Staxrip as well and I get a window called StaxRip - Log with the info in it and it has 3 options Jobs, Pause, and Abort. It also just stays at this screen.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Opening source files

C:\Users\Chris\Videos\test\2008_8_21_17_28_9.TS

General
    ID : 0
    Complete name : C:\Users\Chris\Videos\test\2008_8_21_17_28_9.TS
    Format : MPEG-TS
    File size : 21.4 MiB
    Duration : 12s 692ms
    Overal bit rate : 14.2 Mbps

Video
    ID : 4113 (0x1011)
    Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : Main@L4.0
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
    Duration : 12s 683ms
    Width : 1280 pixels
    Height : 720 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16/9
    Frame rate : 59.940 fps
    Colorimetry : 4:2:0
    Scan type : Progressive

Audio
    ID : 4352 (0x1100)
    Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Video delay : -50ms

Demux audio and index AVC using DGAVCIndex

"C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\StaxRip\Applications \DGAVCIndex\DGAVCIndex.exe" -i "C:\Users\Chris\Videos\test\2008_8_21_17_28_9. TS" -o "C:\Users\Chris\Videos\test\2008_8_21_17_28_9. dga" -a -h -e

Preparer: Demux audio and index AVC using DGAVCIndex
    Start: 7:55:18 PM
    End: 7:55:19 PM
    Duration: 00:00:01
    Quote Quote  
  2. I saw that already and I installed Haali Media Splitter and I can't find the program in the screenshot below. I'm also trying to convert the stuff to 29.970 or 23.976 like the MKV files I have .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is it. To actually convert the file to a different size and FPS rate, try AutoMKV

Quote Quote  
  4. Alright, I got it converted to .mkv. Now I open AutoMKV and do what?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You have 2 or 3 options:

1) Just straight remux the TS file to MKV with gdsmux. All the file properties are the same as the TS source

2) Feed the TS file to AutoMKV and configure it to whatever output format you want. Rename the extension from .TS to .M2TS if you get an error from AutoMKV

3) Leave the file alone and keep it at the glorious 720p settings it's already in.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I renamed the file and still got the same error. Is there a guide to converting .ts files to .mkv and editing out commercials and making it 29.97fps or 23.976fps?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try with XviD4PSP...don't let the name fool you. No commercial editing,but should be able to handle your TS>MKV conversion or other output formats.......
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
  8. I edit my HD PVR TS files with h264ts_cutter.

I don't normally use MKV but to remux into MKV: Dumux the TS file with tsMuxerGUI then mux the two into an MKV file with MkvMerge (mmg.exe, included in MKVToolnix). Be sure to set the frame rate after adding the h.264 file to MkvMerge.

For IVTC or frame rate conversion I use DgAvcIndex, AviSynth (AvcSource()), and VirtualDub. If you want MKV you'll want to use something other than VirtualDub.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Ok, I get this error in H264TS Cutter.

How do I set the bitrate for audio and video in mkvmerge? Also, I get this error in DGAVCIndex.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Red Hat
    How do I set the bitrate for audio and video in mkvmerge?
    You can't. Mkvmerge just places things into the .mkv container.

You have to re-encode if you want to specify a bitrate or filesize. If so, then use jagabo's suggestions. Avisynth + DGAVCdec works on these clips. Another option is avisynth using DirectShowSource() which also confirmed to work. To edit visually you could use AvsP, and use Trim() to cut out commercials, etc., then feed it into an encoder. You would have to learn to use avisynth and basic scripting, but it's not that tough after after using it for a bit.

Your initial post mentioned DGMPGdec, which is for MPEG sources. DGAVCdec is for AVC sources, such as the HD PVR. If you chose this route, use Treat I as IDR setting (explained in the DGAVCdec user manual)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Red Hat
    Ok, I get this error in H264TS Cutter.
    In h264ts_cutter you have to mark segments you want to keep (Start and End buttons) then Add them to the cut list. When done, press the Cut button. The sections in the cut list will be saved to a new file.

Originally Posted by Red Hat
    Also, I get this error in DGAVCIndex.
    I think you ran DgIndex, not DgAvcIndex.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Ok, I tried DGAVCIndex and don't get that error. In H264TS Cutter, I got it working but I want the frames I select to be the ones I'm deleting not the ones I'm using because then I would have to make a bunch of .ts files and merge them. By the way, how do I make a avisynth file with the demuxed file from DGAVCIndex?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Red Hat
    In H264TS Cutter, I got it working but I want the frames I select to be the ones I'm deleting not the ones I'm using because then I would have to make a bunch of .ts files and merge them.
    The program will automatically save all the cuts in the list as a single TS file.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Alright cool, but how do I get get the avisynth script with the demuxed file in DGAVCIndex then load it in megui?
    Quote Quote  
  15. AviSynth uses text scripts. You can create scripts with any text editor like Notepad. Name your script with the extension .AVS. The simplest script will look like:

Code:
    AvcSource("filename.dga")
    filename.dga is the name of the index file saved by DgAvcIndex. Then you open the AVS script with your encoder. Not all encoders support AVS scripts. I don't know about megui.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I'm assuming you've edited with h264cutter, and are using DGAVCdec on the edited .ts

If you read the quickstart manual for dgavcdec (it's less than 1 page long), all you have to do is something like this: (you need avisynth, ffdshow, haali media splitter installed)

LoadPlugin("c:\PATH\DGAVCDecode.dll")
    AVCSource("c:\PATH\FILE.dga")

(of course, you have to specify the correct paths&filenames)

You may want to deinterlace if it is interlaced

To IVTC, you can use TDecimate()

For the audio part, you need a script that serves your edited .ts file. You can use nicac3source() if it's AC3 audio. You could also use DirectShowSource("C:\PATH\FILE.ts", video=false) and plug that into the audio portion. If you are using MeGUI, it does audio & video separately, so you don't need audiodub(video,audio)

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  17. Ok, the audio is AAC and I want to open it up in VirtualDub and MeGUI. I have this in my AVS file so far.
    LoadPlugin("C:\dgavcdec100a34\DGAVCDecode.dll")
    AVCSource("Test.dga")
    TDecimate(cycle=2)
    It opens up in Virtualdub but no sound.
    Quote Quote  
  18. AVCSource only specifies video, like i said earlier, you need to specify sound separately or use a script that does both.

VDub and MeGUI handle audio & video differently. You need it together for Vdub, and separate for MeGUI

You are missing the path for AVCSource

If you have 59.94 progressive (the other recording mode), then use

SelectEven().Decimate(5)
    Quote Quote  
  19. Ok, but I can't load my audio in virtualdub because it's .aac and megui gives me errors when trying to encode.
    Quote Quote  
  20. The easiest way is just to use a simple script that specifies both. This is method#1 (doesn't need DGAVCdec)

DirectShowSource("C:\PATH\FILE.TS",fps=59.97,conve rtfps=true,audio=true)
    SelectEven().Decimate(5)

This script specifies both video & audio, but you still have to enter the video & audio separately in each section in MeGUI, but you can use the same script. AAC has to be enabled in the ffdshow audio configuration for either method. You may need the directshow input driver for vdub.

For MeGUI, you have to setup the proper paths in the configuration before you start. There are several guides around (hit the guides button when you hit MeGUI in the tools section)

AVCSource("Test.dga")
    Fix your path if you are using DGAVCdec. You also have to specify audio if you are using this method, I gave a suggestion in an earlier post. This is method #2 (using DGAVCdec)

LoadPlugin("c:\PATH\DGAVCDecode.dll")
    video=AVCSource("c:\PATH\FILE.dga").SelectEven().D ecimate(5)
    audio=DirectShowSource("c:\PATH\FILE.ts",video=fal se)
    Audiodub(video,audio)

If you want more help, be more specific on the errors that you're getting
    Quote Quote  
  21. Alright, I'm set now. Thanks for all the help.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/s0pmex - Sample of my first MKV encode. I know I forgot to crop and define a language in audio but it's great.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    AVCSource("Test.dga")
    Fix your path if you are using DGAVCdec.
    If the AVS script is in the same folder as the DGA file you don't need to specify the full path.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by Red Hat
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/s0pmex - Sample of my first MKV encode.
    Every fifth frame is a duplicate. Since it is a film source it should have been converted to 23.976 fps instead of 29.97.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Thanks jagabo, I never knew you didn't need the full path

I just noticed my typo fps=59.97 should have been 59.94 (if you used the 1st method), but I don't think that could explain the 29.97 (should have given 23.988)

You could also do the framerate conversion this way (or use DirectShowSource instead of AVCSource):

LoadPlugin("C:\PATH\DGAVCDecode.dll")
    video=AVCSource("C:\PATH\FILE.dga")

Loadplugin("C:\PATH\TIVTC.dll")
    video=ChangeFPS(video,29.97).TDecimate()
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by jagabo
    Originally Posted by Red Hat
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/s0pmex - Sample of my first MKV encode.
    Every fifth frame is a duplicate. Since it is a film source it should have been converted to 23.976 fps instead of 29.97.
    How can I tell?
    Quote Quote  
  26. You can use mediainfo
    Quote Quote  
  27. I don't see anything in media info that tells me that.
    Quote Quote  
  28. in mediainfo view=>text

I'm uncertain how you got 29.97, if you used the .avs scripts above, unless you specified the wrong fps while merging a raw .264 video in mkvmerge, or you forgot to decimate
    Quote Quote  
  29. I suspect he didn't have the Decimate() filter so he left it out.
    Quote Quote