VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. It's telling you the DgAvcIndex.exe and DgAvcDecode.dll are different versions. Did you download the package, copy DgAvcDecode.dll to your AviSynth plugins folder and run the DgAvcIndex.exe from the same download?

You have to handle audio separately. Convert it to AC3 or WAV and mux it with the MPEG video. Note the audio delay in the AAC filename created by DgAvcIndex.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What do I use to convert it to ac3 or wav?
    Quote Quote  
  3. You can use any audio conversion program that accepts AAC. e.g. belight, besweet, behappy, foobar2000, avidemux... there's about a dozen more if you check the tools section.

Since you're already familiar with MeGUI, you can use the audio component. If you used DGAVCdec for the demux, and open the AAC file directly, it should automatically enter the delay. It also accepts .avs scripts, and there were instructions a few pages back. Select AC3 Aften to convert to AC3
    Quote Quote  
  4. Avidemux can't open AAC files, megui gives me an error when trying to convert, besweet can't open aac files, belight crashes when I start converting, foobar2000 doesn't convert to AC3, and BeHappy gives me an error. This is why Hauppauge needs to make it encode in AC3 and I could use NicAC3Source.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Open your TS file with VirtualDubMod using the DirectShowSource AviSynth template. Select Streams -> Stream list. Click on the audio stream and select Save WAV.

You can also enable Audio -> Full Processing Mode and use AC3 compression. But you'll end up with a WAV file with AC3 compressed audio inside. I don't know if your downstream software will accept that.

I didn't think this would work but I tried it and it did: After opening the TS file via DirectShowSource in VirtualDubMod, enable Audio -> Full Processing Mode, select Audio -> Compression, hilite AC3-ACM Codec (or whatever AC3 encoder you have), selectthe AC3 parameters, press OK to get back to the Streams dialog, then press Demux. You'll get an AC3 elementary stream.
    Quote Quote  
  6. This shouldn't be this difficult...

MeGUI works, i just tested it, both on native demuxed AAC, and with .avs script using DirectShowSource(). You probably don't have the program paths set, or it's a Vista problem

foobar2000 works, I just tested it. You probably don't have the AC3 plugin, or it's a Vista problem

Belight, BeSweet and BeHappy all work. I just tested them. You probably didn't use it correctly, or it's a Vista problem

If you outline your specific steps and give more information on the specifc error given, perhaps we can figure out where you went wrong...

Good luck
    Quote Quote  
  7. If there another program I can capture using? The ArcSoft crap is junk and uses a lot more resources than it should. I'm thinking about trying MythTv with the HD-PVR, it worked great when I had my PVR-150 MCE-Kit set-up before.
    Quote Quote  
  8. If your graphics card has hardware h.264 acceleration Arcsoft only consumes about 1 or 2 percent of the CPU. I usually capture with GraphEdit as described here: http://blog.arogan.com/2008/06/hauppauge-hd-pvr-model-1212.html

I believe all the PVR software vendors (except Windows MCE, of course) have added support for the HD PVR -- at least in beta form.
    Quote Quote  
  9. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130293 - This is my video card, I've had it for a year now. I'll try GraphEdit sometime tonight after my homework is done. Check my profile for details on my system. I built this system a little over a year ago for under 350 except for the extra hard drives that were on my previous system and I doubled the ram a few months ago.
    Quote Quote  
  10. The 8500 GT has hardware h.264 decoding. Be sure you have the option enabled and recent WHQL certified drivers.

The capture module doesn't have an option, I guess it just automatically detects it. ArcSoft's player does have an explicit option. From the Setup dialog select the Video tab and make sure Enable Hardware Acceleration is ticked. Try playing a video -- cpu usage should be minimal.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Can I see a screenshot of where to find it? What are the adventures of capturing with GraphEdit?
    Quote Quote  
  12. I can't provide a screen shot -- Arcsoft Total Media Theater disables the print screen key when it's running. Press the little wrench button at the bottom of the window to bring up the Setup dialog. Go to the Video tab. Hardware acceleration is at the top of the page.

I already gave you a link to a page with instructions for capturing with GraphEdit.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Total Media Extreme is the name of the package. When you are capturing you are using Arcsoft Capture Module. When watching videos you are using Total Media Theater.
    Quote Quote  
  14. It won't open. I click on it in Total Media Extreme and nothing happens.
    Quote Quote  
  15. By "click on it" I'm guessing you mean the Play Video button that brings up Total Media Theater -- then something is wrong with your setup.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I re-installed it and same problem. Also, have you managed to get the IR Blaster working in HD-PVR? I'm going to try BeyondTv.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Beyond Tv on my computer performs like a 500MHz Celeron trying to play 1080p movies. It is the slowest program I have ever used, I would try MythTv (I've used MythTv in the past for PVR-150 and performance is great compared to all the paid Windows PVR software.) but I only have one dual-core system so I have to use Windows.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Don't, it's super slow and I also can't seem to figure out GraphEdit. Is there a simpler guide to setting it up? If you're looking for good PVR software and you have a spare computer, go with MythTv. The performance blows away any Windows PVR.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Ok, this clip that I'm posting should give you guys an idea of why I hate using DirectShowSource, ArcSoft Total Media Extreme and why Hauppauge needs to allow AC-3 to be encoded.

1.) It's desynced bad from both DirectShowSource and Total Media Extreme.
    2.) The video doesn't look that great compared to clips above.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6t1kf8 - mkv
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/avprkv - avi
    Quote Quote  
  20. GraphEdit instructions:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=14454525#post14454525

After building the graph it should look like this:

Quote Quote  
  21. I click on DirectShow Filters and it makes graphedit crash. I'm running Vista 64-bit btw.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Try the DirectShow GraphEditor linked to on this page:

http://shark007.net/

If that doesn't work your system is seriously screwed up.
    Quote Quote  
  23. I don't mean to hijack this thread, but my problem is exactly the same and this is a current thread. If you think I am better off creating a new thread, just tell me and I'll do so.

So I am also using the HD-PVR (which provides really good quality ) to records my shows in HDTV to the .ts format. I am looking to cut out commercials and convert it to x264 .mp4. I have been through the whole thread and tried may things mentionned, but there are so many little softwares that it becomes too confusing. H264_cutter didn't work at all for me (all buttons are greyed out after opening my .ts). I am recording my shows with GB PVR (Red Hat, you can look into this PVR too, its working really well, has a nice feature set, its constantly updated and its free) and I am running Vista x64. (I believe there is a place to put down my computer specs, I haven't been on VH.com in a while, I will look to update that information now)

Of all the programs and methods mentionned, what would be the best method to cut out commercials and encode to x264 .mp4 my GB PVR recordings? This guide leads to a dead URL.

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  24. I don't know why h264ts_cutter doesn't work on your system. Maybe you need an h.264 decoder? Try CoreAVC or ffdshow. If you try ffdshow, be sure to get a recent version with PAFF/MBAFF support if you are editing 1080i files.

To convert from TS to MP4 try using TsMuxeR (GUI) to demux into elementary streams, then YAMB to mux them back together into an MP4 file. You have to stay under 4GB though -- Yamb screws up if the file gets bigger than that. And you have to specify the video frame rate in YAMB: hilite the h.264 stream, press the Properties button, enter 59.94 for 720p files, 29.97 for 1080i files.
    Quote Quote  
  25. My graph.

I managed to get the graph made but when I click on play at the top, I get this.

Also, I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP1.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Installed ffdshow. H264_cutter now makes an error it wasn't making:

Now the buttons aren't greyed out but I don't get any image.

I tried the demuxing/muxing thing. The final mp4 is all "corrupted". When I play it in VLC the top half of the video is ok, the bottom one is all scrambled.

And I'm also on x64 SP1.
    Quote Quote  
  27. @mathieumg - do you have haali media splitter, .net framework 2.0, and h264 enabled in the ffdshow configuration ?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by mathieumg
    Installed ffdshow. H264_cutter now makes an error it wasn't making:

Now the buttons aren't greyed out but I don't get any image.
    Go to Start -> All Programs -> ffdshow -> Video Decoder Configuration. In the left hand pane select Codecs (at the top). In the right hand pane look for h.264/AVC, set it to libavcodec.

Originally Posted by mathieumg
    I tried the demuxing/muxing thing. The final mp4 is all "corrupted". When I play it in VLC the top half of the video is ok, the bottom one is all scrambled.
    Are you viewing 720p or 1080i? 1080i requires an h.264 decoder that supports PAFF/MBAFF. I think you need a recent nightly build (not a release build) of ffdshow to get support for that.

Originally Posted by mathieumg
    And I'm also on x64 SP1.
    I don't know if that's a part of the problem, but it could be.

Oh, just noticed a few other thing: when remuxing to MP4 the h.264 frame rate should be set to 59.94, even when using 1080i files. You have to add the .ACC extension to the audio stream produced by tsMuxer. And be sure to note the audio delay in tsMuxer and propogate the value to Yamb.
    Quote Quote