VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Ok, I figured out how to tell if it's 23.976 or not, I open the avs file in virtualdub and if I see repeated frames like above then I'll do 23.976. Here's a sample of properly encoded files I did.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/dmu3y6
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes, when frames alternate between being displayed twice and three times (in a 59.94 fps video) you have a film source.

The new videos looked much better.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok, I have one more problem. I used H.264 TS Cutter and the ts files made using that won't open in DGAVCIndex, it acts weird.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/z8eidg - Watch this and you'll see what I mean.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sorry to double post but never mind about the problem above. I'm just going to use this method for .avs files created by H264 TS Cutter.
    DirectShowSource("cut.ts",fps=59.94,convertfps=tru e,audio=true)
    SelectEven().Decimate(5)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Just an fyi, the h264ts_cutter can sometimes cause errors on the cut sites - it's not perfect. You will notice this if you edit a more than few clips, and see pixellation and distortion. This observation is not limited to just HD PVR clips, but many kinds of h264 video sources. This occurs despite using the various options & settings in h264ts_cutter.

Since you are re-encoding anyway, I might suggest you use avisynth to do all the cutting as well. This will be frame accurate and perfect. You can use AvsP to visualize the cut frame# and use Trim() to denote the segments to keep.

For example,
    Trim(0,100)+Trim(200,300)+Trim(400,500)

In this 500 frame example, 101-199, 301-399 are frames that are cut out (e.g. they might be commercials)

Theoretically, DGAVCdec should give you more consistent quality results (with all AVC sources), but I haven't noticed any differences between either method with extensive testing. The only thing to remember is to keep your filter chain clean when using DirectShowSource (e.g. any ffdshow filters in playback etc... will get carried over to your encode)
    Quote Quote  
  6. AvsP is awesome, now I can encode PDTV in MKV. Look at the samples below.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/95ipki
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ok, now my avisynth scripts make the video desynced and I know the ts isn't desynced because I played it in several media players and it's fine.

DirectShowSource("boo2.ts",fps=59.94,convertfps=tr ue,audio=true)
    SelectEven()
    Crop(0, 8, -4, -0)
    LanczosResize(1280,720)
    Quote Quote  
  8. More detail please, describe "desync"? is it a constant delay (like 1 sec all the way through), or a worsening delay (i.e. different audio & video lengths). You can also use mediainfo to check durations of audio & video. Or is the problem something else?

Is the only difference using DirectShowSource() between this encode and previous encodes? Do both conversions through vdub and MeGUI cause the "desync"

You aren't decimating with that script, you are just selecting every 2nd frame, so you might still have the repeated frame (fps 29.97, not 23.976)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Well, I fixed the problem now by exporting the audio in megui. Virtualdub and AVISynth Trimming cause it to desync. I'm just going to export my audio in megui now and use H264 TS Cutter to cut out commercials.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I find DirectShowSource() is more prone to A/V sync errors (than AvcSource() or MPEG2Source()) when you start trimming video.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by jagabo
    I find DirectShowSource() is more prone to A/V sync errors (than AvcSource() or MPEG2Source()) when you start trimming video.
    I get a lot of A/V sync errors when I trim it with AvsP but it's fine when I use H264 TS Cutter.
    Quote Quote  
  12. The guys at Doom9 stay away from DirectShowSource(), probably for good reason. I've done many tests (AvcSource vs. DirectShowSource vs. FFMpegSource) to see if some claims might be true, but I haven't been able to duplicate the problems that people experience. I've narrowed it down to conflicting filters/plugins - if you keep your filter chain clean, it seems to give identical results - at least on my test systems. I usually use DirectShowSource more often because it's a couple steps easier. I'm waiting for the day that it will fail me, but at least there are alternative methods to fall back on.

I'm wondering if there's an alternative for specifing AAC audio instead of DirectShowSource (an analog to NicAC3Source for AC3)? I guess if you edit with H264_TScutter beforehand and use DGAVCdec to demux audio - it doesn't matter. As I said earlier my problem with H264_TScutter is the occasional bad cut and pixellation with it, despite playing with the various settings/options.

Well at least everyone has figured out a way that works for them
    Quote Quote  
  13. Yeah, H264 TS Cutter doesn't give me any problems at all.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Ok, I take that back because I've realized H264 TS Cutter repeats the first set of frames. Any other way of cutting .ts files? I've tried ProjectX but I get this stupid error.
    Quote Quote  
  15. At this point in time h264ts_cutter is the only program I've found that can edit HD PVR TS files without reencoding. Unfortunately, the author of the program no longer supports it so there won't be any updates. There are some other non-reencoding editors in the works but none of them is available yet.
    Quote Quote  
  16. ProjectX hasn't been updated in a few years, it only works for MPEG2 .ts streams, not the AVC variety

Avidemux can process some AVC .ts streams without re-encoding, but cuts are on keyframes only. The new version in the works is supposed to improve on this

The only consistently reliable frame accurate way (at least on my systems) is using avisynth - but then you have to re-encode. I've never experienced the sync issues mentioned, maybe something is different in our settings or configurations?
    Quote Quote  
  17. AviDemux doesn't work the the HD PVR's TS files at all. It crashes when opening them.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Basically, I simplify just want to encode my tv shows recorded with HD PVR to MKV and AVI for my friends and family with no commercials. I don't think that's too much to ask for but I need seem to have a difficult time doing it.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Update DGAVC to the latest version then go to Options and click Treat I as IDR then load your Hauppauge TS.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by Coma
    Update DGAVC to the latest version then go to Options and click Treat I as IDR then load your Hauppauge TS.
    You have to exit DgAvcIndex after making that change, then restart it for the change to take effect.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Works for me without restarting.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Oh, with the current version, if you have a video already opened you have to close it (or exit and restart). If you haven't yet opened a video you can just change the setting then open your video.

I think the first version with I-as-IDR support required a restart all the time. Or maybe I'm just remembering incorrectly.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think you always had to change it before loading the video.

I'm pretty sure I remember correctly since I supplied the HD PVR sample which led to this feature being added :3
    Quote Quote  
  24. HD-PVR files are highly uneditable. If I use Optical audio, will it be any better and easier to edit and will the audio files be ac3 instead of aac? I wouldn't mind converting to mpeg2 either since H.264 is such a hassle to edit with right now. I tried HDTVtoMPEG2 and it just crashes.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by Red Hat
    HD-PVR files are highly uneditable. If I use Optical audio, will it be any better and easier to edit
    No.

Originally Posted by Red Hat
    and will the audio files be ac3 instead of aac?
    Not until Hauppauge releases a software update that supports Ac3 (apparently in the works).

Originally Posted by Red Hat
    I wouldn't mind converting to mpeg2 either since H.264 is such a hassle to edit with right now. I tried HDTVtoMPEG2 and it just crashes.
    DgAvcIndex + AviSynth + HcEnc.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Ok, I have HcEnc, what do I do now?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by Red Hat
    Ok, I have HcEnc, what do I do now?
    If you are using the HCenc GUI, just input your .avs, configure your settings and push encode. You will not be happy about the filesize, MPEG2 needs probably 3-4x bitrate to get the same quality as AVC

I just wanted to add that the h264_TScutter pixellation/corruption experienced at times that I mentioned earlier is due to faulty ffdshow decoding. DGAVCdec current uses the same libavcodec library as ffdshow so it to is subject to this same corruption. Apparently Donald Graft is working on alternate methods of decoding for DGAVCdec, and awaiting a fix for PAFF support in ffdshow

If you disable h264 in ffdshow and have coreavc pro installed as the decoder, directshowsource() works for AVC and doesn't seem to have this corruped frames issue. h264_TScutter also works in this configuration (since it uses directshow) without the corruption (at least I can't seem reproduce it anymore). You can check to make sure coreavc is in fact the decoder by using graphstudio/graphedit.
    Quote Quote  
  28. I don't care about the file size as long as the mpeg2 file keeps the quality as AVC and there are no a/v sync issues. That's the reason why I want to put it on mpeg2 is because of a/v sync issues. Also, what script should I use for the avs file into HcEnc?
    Quote Quote  
  29. AvcSource("filename.dga")
    Quote Quote  
  30. What about audio? Also, I get an error.
    Quote Quote