VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !

Poll: Do you stand your video game console on its side?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So do you sit your game console vertically?

I have a Wii, a 360 and a PS3. I leave all horizontally. For a time I did have the Wii and 360 on its side. I guess I'm just more comfortable having them sit flat than up in the air. Call it old school I guess

How about you?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Game console?
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Didn't do it with my Playstation2 (never had a PS2, but wouldn't have done it with that either). Don't do it with my Wii, PS3, or 360.
    They're too precarious standing up like that.

I did have to put my PlayStation upside-down in order to get it to read discs as the plastic track the laser ran on wore out and was mis-aligned due to that damned old inescapable gravity deal. Later versions had an aluminum track for the laser assembly...
    "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." - Steven Wright
    "Megalomaniacal, and harder than the rest!"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @xylob - you know all versions of the ps3 can play ps1 games right? Its only the 80gb that is the one you need to play ps2 games. My 40gb ps3 plays ps1 games.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    my ps2s wouldn't read disks for crap vertical, but were fine horizontal. the current wii is better off vertical as it gets way too hot on the ground horizontal.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    consoles... LOL, they're so 90's
    (yeah I had Sega, Dreamcast, Genesis, PS1 and other crap, but I'm not a kid anymore LOL, when will you dudes grow up finally? )

BTW I have few console emulators in my Windows Mobile phones, does that count?
    If so - I keep it "old school" horizontal flat always (when not on my belt that is )
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by derex888
    when will you dudes grow up finally? )
    Simple - when they reposses my Guitar Hero and Rock Band and destroy all other existing copies everywhere in the world

But seriously I think you're missing some of the points of the current gen consoles. Mainly media streaming for the ps3 and xbox 360.

I love using my 360 as a Windows Media Center extender. Granted its not as supportive as the ps3 in terms of video codecs but it is a nicer interface than the ps3. Not to mention the ps3 doesn't have an officially supported in-house media server yet - yes tversity works but isn't perfect.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yoda, my PS3 even supports all PS2 games via hardware.
    I don't even have my Playstation anymore. What I was describing happened within a year of buying the old original machine. 24/7 sessions of Twisted Metal that sometimes lasted 4or 5 days amongst 4 roomates wore that bad boy out pretty quick.

tversity is the only thing that would work to stream media to my PS3 and it works better for my 360 than Mediaplayer does.
    "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." - Steven Wright
    "Megalomaniacal, and harder than the rest!"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Standing them vertical allows you to hide them behind the flat screen when you run out of shelf space. Besides the xbox is just ugly anyway, imo.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have a PS3 and wouldn't dream of putting it on it's side. I think it looks retarded that way not to mention the tray is all wrong.

I don't have an XboX 360 but same deal ... looks silly and again the tray isn't really made for it.

I think anyone putting these two consoles on their side is a retard.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm kind of surprised 43% responded not having a console. I've still got the NES, plus some others.

The PS2 would never read a disc very good sideways, it need to lay flat. Nothing sucks more than a game hanging while you're on a boss level (and winning!) and not yet to the save point -- and it was a hard level. Or in the middle of a 500,000-point Tony Hawk combo and all of a sudden the game video freezes and all you hear is the audio looping every 10 seconds before cutting out.
    Quote Quote