VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am trying to make a menu. But by default, the menu is missing something. So attempting to create one will crash the application when selecting or skipping the audio.

According to this link:

http://download.videohelp.com/liquid217/dvdauthorgui.pl?p=download

I am suppose to download either one to fix the problem. First, I installed the Dscaler MPEG Filters, but it still crashes when attempting to make a menu. Then I tried the GPL MPEG2 Decoder. I do not know what to do with it as there is a bunch of files and no installer nor instructions.

Please help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just a guess, you downloaded the .zip? That looks like the source files. Try the .msi - that should be the installer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. After trying the .msi, it still crashes.

Something about a run-time error 339.

Anybody got a solution for this?

A suggestion for another freeware that fully works is fine too. I tried DVDStyler and it does not work when trying to burn or create an ISO.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A runtime error 339 indicates a problem with the VB runtime components. Try reinstalling, and selecting "full install'.

If that doesn't take care of your menu issue, try using the alternate decoder, found under tools. This requires avisynth, and is much more stable, and typically more accurate than using the directshow decoders.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Still does not work.

Full error message is:
    Code:
    Run-Time error '339':

Component 'wmp.dll' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVDAuthorGUI relys on windows media player to display the menu, when using the menu editor. If you are using an older version of windows (like 95/98 ), then you must install Windows Media Player 9.
    Quote Quote