VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by samijubal
    HDTV prices are dropping pretty fast and have been for a long time. The Black Friday TV I bought with a 10% off coupon could be bought for less than what I paid without a coupon about 6 months later. The plasma I bought 2 months ago for the best price I'd seen in awhile just sold for $100 less a few days ago. Maybe small TV prices aren't dropping but big screen prices are dropping fast.
    The "problem" is not with the prices.
    Most of people just don't see HD TV as a neccessity, as someone wrote earlier: there are millions that "don't give a flying **** about BluRay" and/or High Def television. It's mostly us, the movie buffs, those into videohobbies, and the professionals who want HD resolution now (and since we are relatively small group, I'd think all of us already have it). Most of the rest of people is unfortunately still happy with SD resolutions.

OTOH the main problem is with those greedy fucks who deliver the tv signal (that means cable companies in all cities).
    In their quest for more profit they invented signal encryptions and people have had problems with digital cable since begining. And tthis was already before DMCA etc, it wasn't even remotely related to copyright protections - it was just greed to rake more pennies from each customer by charging them extra per each decoder rented or sold, it was much later when they conveniently jumped on the bandwagon of "antipiracy" with their cable encryptions - because no one sane will say it is a piracy if a customer paying for a cable tv signal feed splits it to more than one TV at his home as it was possible with analog signals.
    I could have easily furnish each room with its own HD TV set, but for what? I am not going to be a sucker who pays my local cable ******** for each cable decoder that I would have to rent from them for each tv set just to be able to watch the same tv package I already pay them for way too much.
    (Broadcast HD in my area is almost non-existent, and thats in the few million people metropolitan area - I'd say LOL now, but it is rather pissing SAD...)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Reviews of the XD-E500 that I agree with. Check it out.

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B001D9IWIY?showViewpoints=1
    Do unto others....with a vengeance!
    Quote Quote