VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have just been looking on the following web site to see if my PC can run certain games. http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

In the info I am given after it tests my PC, it says I have the following;

You Have: 2 processors running - Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
    You Have: 2.99 GHz Performance Rated at 4.49 GHz

How do I tell if I have 2 processors running, and can I make full use of them if I have two?
    Quote Quote  
  2. There is a good program called cpuz. It gives you all sorts of information.

The link is here
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You probably have a single Pentium 4 CPU with hyperthreading. Hyperthreading can squeeze a little more performance out of the CPU (~10 percent) compared to a P4 at the same clock speed without hyperthreading. Hyperthreading allows the CPU to run two threads at the same time. But it is nowhere near as efficient as having a two CPUs or a dual core CPU.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The Cpu is mostly not the thing holding you back.. its more likely to be your Gfx card. If you play games, like crysis, then your money is best spent on high horsepower gfx. A Pentium 4 3.0ghz is pretty reasonable for 90% of games available today.. remember a lot of them are designed to run on consoles with their pathetic CPU's and graphics.

*heatshield activated*
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can also check 'Task Manager>Performance'. It shows how may cores or CPUs you have.
    Quote Quote