VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok first i need to know for all LCD monitor can the resolution be increased.
    as for VA712 the max i can go is 1280 x 1024, with refresh rate of max 75 hz. can i go higher than this or not. (this is my borther LCD)

while for viewsonic CRT monitor G90f+ the max resolution which is display is 1660 with max of 85 refresh rate but i cant see properly more than 1280 x 860 (as the time display in the corner right is almost faded)

also the quality i have found is not great for this lcd as its like having a old printer print a page with minor white line in between. but not for CRT even at 1280 x 1024

i tried on my system which is nvidia geforce 6100 with built in display and sound card. i have update all of them of the board.

as i was considering of buying LCD for myself now, samsung or viewsonice, but after seen this is it worth it.

conclusion, can i increase my resolution of a lcd monitor which say 1440 x 900 on the site or not.
    and should i go for samsung or viewsonic lcd or stick with CRT monitor.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can only go as high as the monitor is designed to support.

So if teh Max is 1280 by 1024 that is as high as you can go.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You always want to run LCD monitors at their native resolution regardless of what maximum or minimum they will accept.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok thank you
    Quote Quote