VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have converted avi into a pair of m2v and wav files. I still need to specify chapters and convert them into vob and other files for the DVD. What's your preferred way of doing this? I've used IFOEdit's author tool in the past but noticed that it wasn't compatible with some players. PgcEdit is more highly rated but I'm not sure how to author DVD with it yet -- some help?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Well, MuxMan is pretty easy to use if you don't need menus. I don't remember what format the chapter information uses on MuxMan as it's been a while since I've used it to do this, but I think you have to take
    time in seconds * frames per second (use 30 for NTSC or 25 for PAL or maybe 24 if you are absolutely sure you have progressive video with a pulldown flag) and use that for each chapter stop. Some tools like DVD Decrypter can pull out the correct chapter info that MuxMan can use, so just rip out the chapter info from some DVD and look at it and you should be able to figure out how to do it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I second the suggestion of Muxman. It takes chapters in the same format as does IFOEdit (29.97fps framecount for NTSC and 25fps framecount for PAL), and is a much better authoring program. PGCEdit isn't an authoring program.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Please use manono's suggestion of 29.97 fps instead of my 30 in doing your calculations for chapter points as there's just enough difference in my rounded off 30 that it might cause your chapters to be off by a few seconds by the end of the video.
    Quote Quote