VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok something weird happened with my outlook 2007 email program. I created a rule that when a specific email comes to go to the specific folder. The folder in question i have is for Netflix. I created a folder so that any emails from netflix goes to it's corresponding folder. Now here is my dilemma, i used to click on the email and it would open as HTML and i would see a web like interface. Now i only see it like rich text. How do i change it back to whenever i open or view an email, it's in HTML. Thanks anyone.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is this happening with new emails or all the emails that you open, old or otherwise?
    Quote Quote  
  3. sounds like you made it a junk mail rule and not a normal rule.
    Look under the rules and alerts. Then edit the rule to make sure
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it happens to all my emails I opened old emails that were fine before,now they appear as hyperlinks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You should try Mozilla's Thunderbird e-mail client ... it works better and is open source. It also is available for all major platforms like Mozilla's FireFox web browser.

Thunderbird ---> http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/all.html

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

P.S.
    Thunderbird will import all of your e-mail from Outlook
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have Outlook 2007 setup on my PCs and I do like my emails displayed in HTML also.

My wife uses one of my PCs with Outlook 2007 installed and she didn't the fonts being so small [8 PT] ... so it took awhile looking for the settings but I did find them ... I did see along the way whether to display emails in HTML or plain text.

Just look around in the toolbar at the top ... lots of stuff to explore ... but the settings for what you are looking for are there.

They are just not jumping out at you for you to see right away.

And the PC I am on now is out in the garage and I dont check my email on this one. If you are still having problems ... do another post and I will sit in front of my PC that I do check my email on.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Not sure about outlook but in Outlook Express there two security settings for this.

tools>options>security>"Block external images...."

And:

tools>options>read>"Read all messages in plain text""

The frst one would block all images and possibly other things like a externally linked CSS document. The second strips any HTML formatting. Personally I have both checked... HTML email is just a virus or some other form of malware waiting to happen...
    Quote Quote