Hi Everyone, my apologies if this is in the wrong forum. I could not decide between this one and the "streaming" forum.

I have 2 MiniDV cameras which I use to shoot videos for my students. Up until now, I have used the 2 cameras, and at the same time recorded a direct feed from my guitar and a lapel mic into my computer DAW (Sonar version 5.2).

I use Vegas 8 to import the 2 video streams and my mixed audio stream (.wav) from Sonar and then I manually line everything up and edit to my liking.

The system works, but is very tedious. Ideally I would love to be able to capture from my miniDV cams directly to the computer and also capture the audio from my audio interface (a presonus 8 channel firewire interface.) That way, everything would be lined up to start with, and I would not have to wait for the dumping process from the camcorders to the computer.

As far as I can tell, Vegas 8 (platinum) is not capable of capturing everything at once. Is there any software out there that would allow me to do this?

My cameras are cheap, a canon ZR900 and a ZR800. But they do the job as I've done it up until now.

Even if I could not capture both cameras at once, at least capturing one camera and the audio stream simultaneously would be good.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions you may have.