VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, dear all...

I don't know if these program is REAL good or can do what exactly they said it's really able to.

If you wanna test and post any feedback, it'll be nice.

---> http://www.dvd-cloner.com/blu-ray-to-dvd/

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Just curious...Whats the point of taking a BD disc to DVD?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why do people rip DVD and convert to VCD?
    "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." - Steven Wright
    "Megalomaniacal, and harder than the rest!"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Xylob the Destroyer
    Bingo! Also it would preclude the necessity of buying a dvd version in addition to the bluray just so you can rip it for portable sources like a zune, ipod, etc....

I'm game in trying out alternatives to the pricey anydvdhd.....

EDIT - IT IS NOT A DECRYPTER!

It only rips to dvd AFTER decryption. So scratch that. I can't comment on whether or not it actually splits a bluray up into multiple dvds since I don't have a decrypted bluray disc to test it with.

I tried the four Bluray movies I own - Xmen 3, Stargate (the original with Kurt Russel), Final Fantasy, and the new Stargate Continuum. Each time it said unsupported format contains AACS - decrypt first.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Why do people rip DVD and convert to VCD
    Another good question! Strange the things people do.

Also it would preclude the necessity of buying a dvd version in addition to the bluray just so you can rip it for portable sources like a zune, ipod, etc....
    I guess I'm out of touch ...but why would I want to watch it on my zune or ipod if I can watch it on my HD LCD?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videopoo
    I guess I'm out of touch ...but why would I want to watch it on my zune or ipod if I can watch it on my HD LCD?
    Why do people listen to the radio on a walkman instead of through a home stereo? The same reason - portability. Just because the quality is reduced doesn't mean you don't want to watch it in another environment besides the home.

Anyway this was a bust as far as decrypting goes. It might work well for splitting ripped discs but I can't test that function.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    People rip to burn on vcd cause they only got a cd burner/dvd player and now a dvd burner/ blu ray player to rip to burn on dvd after converting.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm moving this to the blu-ray to forum as this is not news.

I would use AnyDVD and ConvertXtoDVD instead.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0
    People rip to burn on vcd cause they only got a cd burner/dvd player and now a dvd burner/ blu ray player to rip to burn on dvd after converting.
    Also blank DVDs (even dual layer) are far cheaper than blank Blu-Ray discs. Also (personally) I can't see the need for any resolution above the native 1388x768 that the vast majority of domestic LCD monitors offer. Anything above that has to be downconverted in real-time for final display anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Why do people listen to the radio on a walkman instead of through a home stereo? The same reason - portability. Just because the quality is reduced doesn't mean you don't want to watch it in another environment besides the home.
    Yes, I am out of touch. But why not a BD to iPod Converter then?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videopoo
    Why do people listen to the radio on a walkman instead of through a home stereo? The same reason - portability. Just because the quality is reduced doesn't mean you don't want to watch it in another environment besides the home.
    Yes, I am out of touch. But why not a BD to iPod Converter then?
    Because of the blasted aacs and bd+ protection schemes thats why. Just like it took decss ahwil to mature into user friendly and I might add CHEAPER so will bluray ripping. Right now anydvd hd seems to be the only game in town. I'm just not ready to fork over 80.00 for it.
    Quote Quote