VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My friend is the only user as administrator of his PC with Windows XP. He could not install Adobe flash player properly so he could not play youtube videos. Adobe showed (many times) that it installed successfully but Youtube and other site still prompt that he is using older version of adobe. Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz, 248 MB RAM. Anti-virus and Spybot S & D turn up nothing. Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Which browser is he using? This can also happen if you have Javascript turned off. Also, which version of Shockwave/Adobe Flash did he install?
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tried downloading and using their "uninstaller" 1st ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. This may not answer this specific problem but you really, really need more RAM in that PC. It could be causing adobe to fail, though I would completely uninstall the old versions as suggested.

Definitely add more RAM.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, guys. Tried everything including installation of two files in the Windows Resource Kits. But after five tries with Firefox, by accident, if finally installed. Don't know how it happened. Internet Explorer still won't cooperate. Now I am thinking corrupted registry.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I had the same problem. The Adobe Flash player web site has a fix for this problem.
    Quote Quote