VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all, I'm new here.

So I have a problem with the new DVB-S2 format.

I recorded DVB-S2 HD file from one HD channel and I want to do 2 things with it:
    First Question: How can I convert it to another format (like MPEG2) ? What software ? I tried Pro Coder, CoreAVC and a lot of softwares but none are working.
    Second Question: How can I play DVB-S2 h.264 file on my computer ? VLC, Media Player etc aren't working...

Here is one DVB-S2 video for example.

http://darcyf1.net/tbk/Toto87/20080807_1431_HD2_5.TS

I'm completly lost with that new format.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you have PowerDVD with AVC/H.264-video support installed (PowerDVDUltra) or WinDVD8 with the same support the you should be able to properly play these ts-files. ffshow together with the Haali-splitte is able to decode this video without chrashing within the media player but it shows frequent blocks in the video and stutters. Generaly you should have a sufficient fast processor (e.g. Core 2 Duo > 2GHz). If you can play the video properly on your system then you can also convert it. There are many guides how to do it. Please use the search function.

Schmendrick
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok thanks for the reply.

Originally Posted by Schmendrick
    you can also convert it. There are many guides how to do it.
    Where I can found a guide to convert DVB-S2 videos ? Because all I found was for DVB-S video.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Search for H.264 to Xvid e.g. or AVC to Xvid, as most videos transmitted by DVB-S2 are AVC/H.264-videos with either MPEG1- AC3- or AAC-audio streams.

I have Avisynth installed and use VirtualDubMod opening the AVC/H.264-video using the "DirectShowSource input method. You can use MediaInfo to determine the offset of the audio to the video stream to maintain synchronity between both streams if you use this time offset value.

Schmendrick
    Quote Quote